Forum Index > Trip Reports > White River (7/28 - 7/29/02)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Aug 01, 2002 10:57 pm 
On Mtn Goat's suggestion I headed over to White River on Sunday with my two young nephews for a short overnight "campfire" hike. The plan was to hike along the river and find a good spot to camp. We decided to cross the footbridge at the trailhead and hike the left side of the river. About a mile in we encountered a series of messy blowdowns that made for slow going. We also noticed that the further we hiked up the river the worse the bugs became and the less scenic the river became. Upon reaching Indian Creek the mosquitos were quite hungry so we decided to head back and try the other side of the river. Not far from the trailhead we found a very scenic campsite with virtually no bugs. Mark and I continued up the trail for a half mile or so to see if there were any campsites near a sandbar but noticed the same pattern emerging... more bugs, less scenery, so we decided to cut our losses. At the end of the day we had hiked a total of 5 miles, and ended up camping 300' from the trailhead, just to the top right of this picture. No complaints here biggrin.gif. Enjoy the rest of the pictures.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostSun Aug 04, 2002 10:04 pm 
i am not sure if you were on the same White River as us, we camped at the White River, in Rainier. Were you camped down river on the White River? Ice Girl

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Aug 05, 2002 12:06 am 
Nope, Lake Wenatchee area.