Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Snowshoe Hare
Defunct lagomorph

Snowshoe Hare
Defunct lagomorph
PostWed Dec 29, 2004 4:12 pm 
kleet wrote:
Geez, write a best-selling novel and watch the lawsuits fly... Lawsuit #1 Lawsuit #2
Oh I don't know, not every lawsuit is frivilous and in this case sounds like it may be within reason. (may need to watch a brief commercial for a day pass to the site- but worth it to read this interesting article) As far as the book itself and furor around what's in it, it sounds like it's this era's version of The Amityvillle Horror or In Search of Ancient Astronauts claptrap that were so popular decades ago. People so much WANT TO BELIEVE. Thank goodness common sense is around from debunkers like James Randi, this Salon.com article, et al.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostFri May 05, 2006 9:10 am 
This is way cool...the next best thing to being there (not that I would know!): a super-detailed virtual tour of The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci. You can also take a virtual tour of the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie. up.gif

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri May 05, 2006 4:33 pm 
That analogy to the Amityvillle Horror is a good one. This book's a bunch of crap just like that book/movie was. More spewing of religious hatred. Ive read enough about it to know that I wont be throwing my money at the book or the movie.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri May 05, 2006 4:38 pm 
I have to completely agree with you, BPJ. While the content is no doubt pretty interesting, I could not get past the "popular fiction" writing style that Brown used in TDC. It's written to the sixth grade vocabulary. I'd imagine this is the same objection you had to it, Joe. Did you manage to get through it, or did the writing style bog you down in the first hundred pages or so as well?

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
el touron grande

el touron grande
PostFri May 05, 2006 8:22 pm 
The book has no appeal to this touron. Presently happily bogged down in Bernal Diaz Del Castillo's 16th century epic,The Discovery and Conquest of Mexico. Aye Caramba! What a tale! Feliz Cinco de Mayo, nwhikers!!

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostTue May 30, 2006 7:36 am 
Newly revealed da Vinci sketches, hidden by monks for 500 years. eek.gif Could it be more spewing of religious hatred?

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Brain
Hates whining

Brain
Hates whining
PostTue May 30, 2006 10:26 am 
This one seems more like the monks not liking the paintings than covering up anything of religious significance. All that was covered up were some preparatory sketches so this seems more of a minor piece of historical interest than a conspiracy.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." Doc Holiday (Val Kilmer) in Tombstone