Forum Index > The Trading Post > FS: Montrail Mazama Size 13
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Vek

Vek
PostTue Dec 21, 2004 6:26 pm 
The Goods: Montrail Mazama, size 13. Brand new, only been tried on indoors. Norwegian welt, heavy, no nonsense boots. Buy only if you can handle a fair amount of break-in! The Story: I bought a pair two summers ago, to use as a heavy duty backpacking/hunting boot. I wore them a fair amount, and got them broken in nicely, to where they were comfortable to just wear around or cut firewood, in addition to hiking. Well, as they broke in and the leather softened somewhat, it became clear that Montrail's integra-fit is not intended for low-volume feet like mine, or something was wrong with the boot - my feet started to swim and the boots (particularly the right) began to feel as if my ankles would roll. At this point, I had procured an oldschool pair of Raichles, and noticed a vast difference between the boots in sole shape, attachment of the upper, etc. The mazama appeared misaligned. I returned them to Montrail, and they cited that the uppers had been sewn on crooked, and sent me a new pair. These look better (e.g. normal), but in the mean time, I have obtained other boots which fit my feet better. So, they are for sale for the princely sum of $125, shipped UPS ground to your WA/OR/ID address. Payment by money order. You can still find them in various places on the net for $150, but I don't know of any cheaper.

Jerry V.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message