Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Hmm SEMA. 8.0 Liter turbo diesel for Toyota Tundra.....
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 9:15 am 
To cool. 8.0 liter tundra diesel More

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 10:39 am 
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 10:48 am 
It's a concept... Pay less attention to the looks and more to the 8 liter turbo diesel...

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Spotly

Spotly
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 12:21 pm 
I'm on my 3rd Toyota truck and I think it'll be the last one unless they change course with the body style changes. They're looking more and more flat along the sides each year.

jackchinook

jackchinook
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 12:34 pm 
TOYOTA! JUST BRING ME A DARN HILUX TO AMERICA! HERE'S MY DOWNPAYMENT!

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 12:35 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
To cool...
...and BEYOND!!! hockeygrin.gif
Buzz Lightyear
Buzz Lightyear

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
GlacierGlider
Trail Blazer

GlacierGlider
Trail Blazer
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 12:46 pm 
That is a nice truck, especially the one with single tires in the back, I am not one for dual tires in the rear. Makes for a wider vehicle and when I go offroad I like my vehicle to not be too big.

"Those who go up the mountain must come down....except me" AKA spylunker...."See you at the top"
Coasty
I like Salmon!

Coasty
I like Salmon!
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 4:46 pm 
Nice!!! I have already decided that when my Dakota QC dies I will be buying a Toyota! Jason B

http://www.BackpackGearTest.org The Most Comprehensive Interactive Gear Reviews and Tests on the Planet!
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 4:50 pm 
I finally got around to clicking on the link and looking at the pic. It reminds me of the boom boxes I used to see back in the 80s. Not the mainstream ones that were pretty functional and reasonable, but the tricked out ones from the Japanese market that were huge, oversized, with lots of blaring LEDs and flashing/moving lights on them. Technological attention whores, essentially. This gives me the same sort of feeling. A little big and bulbous and overlarge for perhaps the purpose of compensating for a lack of height or some other inadequacy. Does that make sense?

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 6:11 pm 
Another concept truck. Yes I think this is ugly too.
Ford F-250 Super Chief Concept at the 2007 Houston Auto Show
Ford F-250 Super Chief Concept at the 2007 Houston Auto Show
Whole new definition of crew cab
Whole new definition of crew cab

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 6:18 pm 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
I finally got around to clicking on the link and looking at the pic. It reminds me of the boom boxes I used to see back in the 80s. Not the mainstream ones that were pretty functional and reasonable, but the tricked out ones from the Japanese market that were huge, oversized, with lots of blaring LEDs and flashing/moving lights on them. Technological attention whores, essentially. This gives me the same sort of feeling. A little big and bulbous and overlarge for perhaps the purpose of compensating for a lack of height or some other inadequacy. Does that make sense?
Try the other link.... Most of us dont need dual wheels. Yes they are very stable for campers and towing, but most dont need them. It's all about displacement baby. There's no replacement for displacement..... 8.0 liters... It's almost orgasmic! doh.gif hmmm.gif winksmile.gif agree.gif lol.gif hockeygrin.gif

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 9:50 pm 
Toyota better swing away from these ugly plasticy looking things if they want to keep selling rigs.

touron

touron
PostWed Oct 31, 2007 10:29 pm 
Form --------------- Function

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostThu Nov 01, 2007 4:49 am 
Toyota has long been the vehicle of choice of terrorists, third-world warlords and assorted other nutballs for years because they were practical, they run pretty good right up to the moment the driver detonates or a missile hits it, and maintenance is dumping gas in the tank. What self-respecting lunatic is going to buy, beg, borrow or steal a monster truck that looks like....well....a Ford F250? biggrin.gif Bring back the 2000-2003(?) Toyota Tacoma...it had the right wheel base, sleek body style, rugged underside and they were good on gas mileage. My Ford Ranger is still ticking along but since I'm a Tacoma boy..raised there...there may be a Toy in my future, and it'll be my last truck purchase, most likely. If they don't get too much uglier, that is. (Apologies to Action Betty...her Toyota is a deep blue, it rocks on gravel roads, but they're making the damn things too big...and with gas prices skyrocketing, America is gonna go small again...)

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostThu Nov 01, 2007 10:51 am 
I have to say, I dont like the "fullsize" Toyota trucks...Hubby tried to talk me into one of those tundras. I will stick with my little Tacoma. I used to own a ranger..brand new 1988.. it never broke down and I traded it in after it reached 100K miles for a lemon of a hot rod V-8 camaro (it was fun to drive though) My mom had a 1990 Toyota PU 5 speed way back when.. I reallllllly like that body style the most. Is the gas mileage so great with a deisel that it compensates the outrageous prices? (serious question..i'm mechanically ignorant)

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley