Forum Index > Trip Reports > Narada Falls to Paradise
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Elvis
Shuffl'n

Elvis
Shuffl'n
PostMon Jan 17, 2005 11:37 am 
We had a fun trip on Sat (Jan 15) snowshoeing from Narada Falls to Paradise via Barnyard flats. Elevation gain was about 670 feet from the Narada parking lot to Paradise. Trail was well marked and easy to follow. Length was 1.2 miles each direction. The route was marked on the map we were provided when we paid our Park entrance fee - a pretty simple map, but it clearly shows the dangerous avalanche areas to avoid. There was plenty of snow for showshoes... but not enough snow at Paradise for them to open the sledding/tubing runs. We had hoped to hike out to Reflection Lakes, but the 'considerable' avalanche level prompted us to take the alternate destination. Except for the long drive to get to the trailhead, it was a worthwhile trip. Thanks to those of you who provided me with assistance in determining my destination and trip planning. >>Edit: Adding a flickr pick.
MRNP Narada Falls to Paradise Snowshoe
MRNP Narada Falls to Paradise Snowshoe
~Elvis PS - Let me just add that I wore my Jeans, it snowed the whole time, and I did in fact survive... rather comfortably. Although my new Fila jacket should have had a more clear label that says 'water resistant... in light mist only'. The Rain/snow quickly penetrated the outershell but was blocked by the internal fleece shell so I did stay dry. Sarbar would be comforted to know that I was NOT wearing a cotton shirt.
Go this way?  I think not.
Go this way? I think not.
Here I am... is this the falls?
Here I am... is this the falls?

"Ill habits gather unseen degrees, as brooks make rivers, rivers run to seas." ~John Dryden My Trip List
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message