Forum Index > Trail Talk > TRAIL INFO?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
LEAD DOG

LEAD DOG
PostWed Aug 14, 2002 11:26 am 
Can anyone give me some info on the icicle creek trail to the chain lakes-doelle lakes? Were is the best place to camp at chain lakes? Hows the fishing? thanks !!!!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
catwoman

catwoman
PostWed Aug 14, 2002 11:57 am 
Lead Dog, Get a free email address at yahoo or hotmail already! You're certainly online enough so we can communicate that way! tongue.gif (it's soooooooo easy!) Sorry for the topic diversion everyone (Lead dog is one of my hiking partners). Ok now..... back to the info he requested.......

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Liar

Liar
PostWed Aug 14, 2002 1:05 pm 
Chain lakes sucks. The lakes are ugly and there are no views. The people who go there all mean and ugly. The hike is steep and dangerous. Bring rope, ice axe, hard hat and crampons. Make sure your will is up to date and be sure to bring your gun. Look out for rattlesnakes. There have been many grizzly sighting there, from the few who actually return. There are no fish. The water is polluted. Don't go there. It always rains there. Doelle lakes are even worse.

Lead Dog

Lead Dog
PostWed Aug 14, 2002 3:46 pm 
In response to "Lair" and his trail info.
Thanks for the great review! I will be sure to spend at least 3 days there. Ya hear that catwoman, now you have to go with me, no excuses. But I still need to know the best place to camp.

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostWed Aug 14, 2002 4:13 pm 
I was there several years ago. We didn't go in that direction, we drove as far as we could up Mill Creek on the Stevens Pass side and were dropped off. We then hiked to Josephine Lake and met up with trail 1569 to Chain Lakes. If I remember right it was a pretty tough hike but I'm sure I was out of shape. We camped a couple nights at Chain Lakes and then dropped over to Doelle Lakes. Fishing was fair but the lakes are the stomping grounds of horse campers, though we didn't see any that trip. We then found the old trail to Frosty Pass and stayed at Lake Margaret and hiked out Frosty Creek to meet up with our ride at the end of the Icicle Road.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Liar

Liar
PostWed Aug 14, 2002 7:51 pm 
The dedicated sites next to the second lake are terrible. Be sure and not visit Doelle and by all means, skip the unmaintained route over to Frosty Pass. And Catwoman would hate it too. Everyone that goes to Chain lakes eats meat and they hate cats. Don't go there.