Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > How much do you drive?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Andrew

Andrew
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 1:40 am 
MtnWkr wrote:
gotta love those hondas. i have a 96 accord, and the only thing i've "had" to replace were the tires, and the oil..it had 70,000 when i bought it, now it has 111,000..40,000 miles and not a single prob(knock on wood) hockeygrin.gif
It's a good car. Nothing is leaking despite my having driven ~7,500 miles between oil changes once. paranoid.gif I also had to replace the tires but thankfully my brother hooked me up with a pair of Toyos from Les Schwab. It was considered to be my "graduation present". cool.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Paulina

Chief Paulina
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 8:08 am 
18,000 since July. That is about average for me.

"Life's been good to me so far" - Joe Walsh
Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 8:18 am 
my 67 chevelle had 112k on it when it got totalled last year. I ride a van pool almost every day so my driving miles are kept to about 5k/yr. My wife puts about 15k/yr on her van.

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
whistlingmarmot
Sustainable Resource

whistlingmarmot
Sustainable Resource
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 9:16 am 
In 27 months 30k. Living only 2.2 miles RT from work is nice!

Stones
funk soul brother

Stones
funk soul brother
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 9:30 am 
I commute between Edmonds and Redmond. And I also have different projects going on around town. Sometimes I drive down to Portland or the rare trip to Bellingham, Anacortes, or Port Angeles. All in all about 15 to 20K a year. My 1989 Corolla LX has 190K miles. The oil gets changed religiously every 3 to 4K and also occasional PM. Could be due for its third timing belt soon and I may consider replacing the water pump at that time. They like to tuck the water pump behind the timing belt for some reason.

Let me stand next to your fire
Stefan

Stefan
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 10:14 am 
Randy, I am averaging 15K a year and I have a 26RT commute to work. 225K on the Honda Civic....and still going bloody strong (34-35mpg still)....although I am thinking of replacing it....

Art is an adventure.
polecatjoe
Silent but deadly

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 10:22 am 
I have 98,000 miles on my '98 F-150, so about 16,000 a year, approximatley 10,000 of which is work related. I have never had a single problem with my truck, knock wood! up.gif

"If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged." - Virginia Woolf
WTCrocker

WTCrocker
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 10:33 am 
about 30K+, half of which is work, the other half is roaming around logging roads. my '00 Tacoma gets ~25mpg. I may burn a lot of gasoline, but am pretty easy on other resources and hard-core recycle/reuse.

This the year!!
kiliki

kiliki
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 10:47 am 
About 3000 miles per year-I really only drive when I go on solo hikes or trips or when I need Asian food in the ID. I take the bus to work and school and live in a neighborhood where I can walk to do most of my errands (the rest I do downtown on my lunch break).

Elvis
Shuffl'n

Elvis
Shuffl'n
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 10:58 am 
I have about a 45mi commute... each way, usually 4x week.. about 19,000 per year I guess for commuting. Hiking Trips... average 150 mi per trip I guess... so maybe 2,000 for hiking. I only get out about once per month. I have a 1995 Nissan with 165,000 on it... was doing great until about 150,000 and now it seems to be slowly loosing it's get-up-and-go -but still absolutely reliable. With an avg 30mpg however, it's about perfect for my long commute and quick-dodges of gravel road potholes. My spouse has about a 12 mile commute (each way) but drives about as many annual miles as I do hauling the kids around to this and that or driving to NB to see the parents. If you care. doh.gif Now I've forgotten the original thread title - apologies if I went off topic along the way. ~E

"Ill habits gather unseen degrees, as brooks make rivers, rivers run to seas." ~John Dryden My Trip List
FearM9

FearM9
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 2:22 pm 
I own two cars...2001 Ford Focus and 2003 Ford Escape. From my house to the office it's about 35 miles one way. But I also add in the miles to get to the gym or running errands or working at REI several nights a week...so I figure I average about 80 miles per day Monday through Friday. Weekends it varies...sometimes I do nothing...sometimes I run around and do errands...sometimes I'm up in the mountains. The Focus has over 90,000 on her. The Escape has around 33,000. The Focus is getting around 29-30 mpg in the winter. Several gallons higher when it's not winter. The Escape is getting between 17-19 mpg right now and during the nice weather months it's in the neighborhood of 20-22 mpg. I use the Focus on Mondays, Tuesday, and sometimes Wednesdays. Thursdays and Fridays it's the Escape's turn. If I'm staying in the valley on the weekends and don't need to haul my gear around then I use the Focus. If I'm up in mountains playing I use the Escape.

dicey
custom title

dicey
custom title
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 4:34 pm 
whistlingmarmot wrote:
In 27 months 30k. Living only 2.2 miles RT from work is nice!
Sorry for the thread drift on such an interesting topic, but is that a freaking UFO in your avatar image, WhistlingM??? eek.gif Groovy

I'm not always sure I like being older but being less stupid has advantages. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32121172@N00/sets/
Jeepasaurusrex

Jeepasaurusrex
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 7:13 pm 
Well, lets see... 86 miles one way to work, thats 172 miles round trip. Thats 860 a week. Im guessing I work about 48 weeks a year...thats 41,280 commuter miles a year. Add in the 600 miles round trip for hunting every year, 41,880. Thats not counting my every day running around to the store etc and weekend drives to my parents (120 round trip) from time to time. Doesnt take long to rack up some serious miles. toothless.gif

"I would like to see things from your point of view, but I cannot get my head that far up my butt"
salish

salish
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 7:38 pm 
I've put about 15,000 on my pickup in the last three years. I commute to work by bicycle and save lot's of wear and tear on the vehicles, although I'm starting to look pretty ratty smile.gif

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon
PostTue Feb 01, 2005 9:28 pm 
There are a few serious Dinosaur killers on this thread. When looking at used vehicles, anything over 12k/year I consider high mileage. 92 Ford Taurus with 67,000 miles = 5583 per year (totaled out last month - rear ended on I-5) '92 Honda Civic with 141,000 miles =10769 per year '97 Chevy Blazer with 90,000 miles = 11250 per year I love my Civiv, goes for ever with excellent MPG. Just bought the Blazer to replace the wrecked Taurus - we will see how that compares to the civic for reliability