Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Get this!
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Aug 22, 2002 4:07 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
yeah, what's the point here? was a post deleted?
There was one post deleted at the request of the poster who thought there were more worthwhile topics to discuss.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu Aug 22, 2002 4:26 pm 
and the poster who posted the original post, requested it taken down? did this deletion include a post by BPJ as well?

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Aug 22, 2002 4:35 pm 
Nope, looks like the initial poster edited their post which may be the cause of confusion. Time to stow the popcorn and move along I guess. yawn.gif

Amused!

Amused!
PostThu Aug 22, 2002 11:56 pm 
Ok, I didn't see the beginning of this thread before stuff got edited, but what I can say is this: I 'outed' the brownnosing individual for his/her stance on a hot topic on nwhikers.net in front of other people, including someone they obviously admire. Seems to me if you're willing to say it online, you should be willing to back it up in person, but maybe not everyone feels that way. Got a nice profanity-laden email in my Inbox today, as if having to show up for work wasn't enough. That's all I'm going to say about this, I've probably already said too much.....but for what it's worth, I think we maybe all should expect that what we say on the Internet will be remembered, and perhaps even memorialized in the real world. Ho boy, our little board is finally starting to grow up! eek.gif

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostFri Aug 23, 2002 12:02 am 
Maybe hide the blunt objects at any more get togethers and also use rubber shods for all ice axes on nwhiker brokered hikes.

Dante

Dante
PostTue Sep 03, 2002 3:34 pm 
Amused! wrote:
I 'outed' the brownnosing individual for his/her stance on a hot topic on nwhikers.net in front of other people, including someone they obviously admire. Seems to me if you're willing to say it online, you should be willing to back it up in person, but maybe not everyone feels that way
I'm sure Jim Nelson knows the brownnosing individual's stance on the hot topic in question (or any other topic for that matter). He worked with the brownnosing individual for years and the brownnosing individual doesn't exactly hide his opinions on anything. If he lacks tact, he's not alone here.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 2:24 pm 
Allison, why dont you LOG in as yourself when you're going to insult me you wazzup.gif wazzup.gif! (I tried to spell it right) You acted without ANY class that day in front of people who had NO idea what you were talking about. You came off to them as you ARE, a wazzup.gif! I recieved email comments from people in the store saying just THAT! I can take ANY razzing anytime. But there is a respectful time and place for everything. That was not the time or place. I say "Hello Allison" and you say "DONT SHOOT" Then you go into the tyraid about guns in the national parks. No class wazzup.gif! Tom Bentzen

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 2:30 pm 
How many times to I have to read the same post/e-mail (yeah, I've seen it)? So you were pissed off and obviously embarassed, get over it...we don't care.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 2:43 pm 
Last I heard, that type of language wasn't allowed on this board, BPJ, so I suggest you tone it down. I wasn't there for the incident so I won't presume to comment about it, but as far as this board is concerned, you are the instigator a vast majority of the time, and not just toward Allison. I enjoy your hiking and outdoor knowledge, but most of the time I'd rather you left the gun rantings to a more appropriate forum, particularly since you can't seem to talk about them calmly or rationally.

Dslayer

Dslayer
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 2:48 pm 
I prefer to think of BPJ as passionate--just because he gets a litte fired up now and then doesn't mean he's in need of therapy.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 3:03 pm 
As far as I can tell Allison hasn't even posted today. tongue.gif dizzy.gif wazzup.gif

salish

salish
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 3:05 pm 
Not Surprised
you got dissed in front of others at The Shop. Said individual has a way of bringing out the worst in us, IMO (nothing personal A, really). I don't care how long you go over this - this thread is kind of fun to follow!

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 3:19 pm 
Dslayer wrote:
I prefer to think of BPJ as passionate--just because he gets a litte fired up now and then doesn't mean he's in need of therapy.
No therapy suggested. I am passionate about a few things myself and even get "fired up" about them sometimes, but when discussions turn into shouting and namecalling -- as BPJ tends to do whenever someone disagrees with him on the gun subject, although it's not just him -- I quit listening, no matter which side it comes from, what the subject is, or how much I may or may not agree with it. If you really want people to consider your ideas and opinions, present them rationally and thoughtfully, not by ranting or namecalling or belittling others. Unfortunately, this seems to be the growing norm in this country.

Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 3:27 pm 
Hmmmmmm. Maybe when she said "DON'T SHOOT" she was razzin' ya Backpacker Joe, and maybe you took it the wrong way, and the discussion just went in the opposite direction of what she wanted. But I dunno. I wasn't there.....

Art is an adventure.
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 3:34 pm 
Salish wrote:
you got dissed in front of others at The Shop. Said individual has a way of bringing out the worst in us, IMO (nothing personal A, really).
Give me a break. Said individual can be blunt and honest, but how is that an excuse to go on tirades like BPJ? How about some self control? We're talking responses in the "junior high" category here, completely ridiculous and for lack of a better word, dumb. I'm sure BPJ has the ability to be "passionate", tactful, and intelligent all at the same time and there are a lot of folks out here ready to see it.