Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Get this!
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
salish

salish
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 6:19 pm 
The Great & Near Great
The first time I was in his shop was a couple of years ago and I didn't have a clue who he was. I heard him talking with someone about El Cap and other stuff, but I thought he was just a well informed shop owner. It wasn't until I bought the book Cascade Voices that I realized Jim was "famous". I'd be willing to bet these guys would rather shitcan the hero worship. I'll bet it helps the business a little bit, though. Good idea on the shrines, we don't have enough of them. Perhaps a cairn sticking out of the loft over the entryway? I personally know quite a few climbers - especially from the older generation, who have flamed Beckey. I think he's kind of a far out old dude.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 7:37 pm 
I worked with Jim ten years ago at Marmot in Swellvue. Fredd was dating our secretary at the time Miss. Donna. Donna had Fredd sign my cascade alpine guide for me! Fredd is a superman in the world of climbing. He could out climb most people who are 25 years old and he's 70+! Jim is at times hard to get to know, (many climbers are that way) but there are few around with his skill. He doesnt guide anymore but when he did I took him up on it a could times. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 7:46 pm 
Dude, it's a little late for that. You're going to have to pay your dollar, light your candle, and wait in line with the rest of us. And no shooting your way to the front of the line! lol.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 8:02 pm 
WHAT exactly are you talking about? Jesus christ you are one freaky chick! I dont have to wait for anything. The point is, I'm WAY ahead of all of you guys. Jim's a regular guy to me. Maybe you are making fun, and you dont think he's special. If that's the case, then you show your ignorance! TB PS allison, if there's any shooting, it'll happen in your sleep, without you hearing a thing!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Dante

Dante
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 10:28 pm 
huh.gif eek.gif shakehead.gif

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 10:28 pm 
So what now you are breaking into my unlocked house and shooting me in my sleep? Maybe if you want to get away with it you shouldn't be posting your plans on the internet. dizzy.gif

polarbear

polarbear
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 10:47 pm 
TB--I sent you the S. Cascade floatplane link. It's a pretty great story. I decided not to log in to post on this thread 'cuz I don't ever want it to be traced that I posted in this chaos biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 10:49 pm 
Am I the only one who has no idea what "The Shop" is? Or who "Jim" is? Or what the hell is wrong with BPJ?

Q. Pid

Q. Pid
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 11:05 pm 
Love is hard to explain.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 11:26 pm 
Hey Al baby, YOU are the one who made the GIANT leap from my statement to yours! You should reflect on your insecurities. Nobody's shooting anybody! Maybe you should be a little bit more selective on your commments when and where you make them! If you could just be NICE, we could all get along! TB PS, especially in person. PSS, this thread was supposed to be closed!

Quark

Quark
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 7:35 am 
Yes, Joe, you are WAY ahead of all of us (right 'guys'?). Of course you are. Now there, there.....put the gun down nicely, no need to wave it in our faces.... Yes, you are so much better than all of us....now....who is this Jim freind you speak so highly of? Where is his shop? For what reason do we care? Sure, we know he's great and you know him and he's a regular guy and all....no, put the gun down, remember? You're so much better than any of us so you don't need to wave it any longer. OK men, lock him up and don't let him have any sharp objects!

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote View IP address of poster
salish

salish
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 7:51 am 
Hey, How about those M's???
Think Ichiro will come out of his slump????

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Dslayer

Dslayer
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 7:58 am 
Yeah, but it doesn't matter much if Oakland and Anaheim are never going to lose again.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 8:39 am 
Just wanted to check in and let you guys know I am still alive! rolleyes.gif