Forum Index > Support & Feedback > am i online?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mtnwkr

mtnwkr
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 11:42 am 
I leave my personal compy on all the time, and nwh is one of the four or five tabs(firefox rox) thats always running.. so down at the bottom, does it look like im always online, or is it only when im active... and what about when i log in at work and im still logged in at home.. then what happens? cool.gif

There's a mostly unspoken acknowledgment among the voluntarily impoverished that it's better to be fiscally poor yet rich in experience-living the dream-than to be traditionally wealthy but live separate from one's passions.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 11:48 am 
You are listed as as "online" if you've had any activity (i.e. clicked on a link at nwhikers) within the past 10 minutes. Otherwise you are not listed as "online". Logging out will also remove you from the list (as will setting the privacy option in you profile). If you click on the who is online details, it will only show users active in the last 5 minutes.

mtnwkr

mtnwkr
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 11:52 am 
thanks... i thought something like that..

There's a mostly unspoken acknowledgment among the voluntarily impoverished that it's better to be fiscally poor yet rich in experience-living the dream-than to be traditionally wealthy but live separate from one's passions.
Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 11:56 am 
My suggestion. Download: Minimize To Tray Extension Reload Every Extension Then your always on, everyone will look at the who list, and think what a damn dedicated person that MtnWkr is, lets all shower him with our praise. or you know, something like that.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 12:08 pm 
Or, my bandwidth usage goes through the ceiling so I can't afford to host the site and have to shut it down. tongue.gif

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 12:14 pm 
MCaver wrote:
Or, my bandwidth usage goes through the ceiling so I can't afford to host the site and have to shut it down. tongue.gif
moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif

mtnwkr

mtnwkr
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 12:31 pm 
Loggerman wrote:
Then your always on, everyone will look at the who list, and think what a damn dedicated person that MtnWkr is, lets all shower him with our praise. or you know, something like that.
i dont want people to think i have no life, and spend my days infront of the compy.. dizzy.gif

dicey
custom title

dicey
custom title
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 1:08 pm 
MtnWkr wrote:
Loggerman wrote:
Then your always on, everyone will look at the who list, and think what a damn dedicated person that MtnWkr is, lets all shower him with our praise. or you know, something like that.
i dont want people to think i have no life, and spend my days infront of the compy.. dizzy.gif
Don't worry, in order for them to think that, they would have to be on-line too lol.gif

I'm not always sure I like being older but being less stupid has advantages. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32121172@N00/sets/