Forum Index > Trail Talk > Info Please
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Otter

Otter
PostTue Aug 27, 2002 12:48 pm 
I am trying to plan a trip for a group and need to know about campsites. The two spots are: Buesch Lake on the PCT 6+ miles north of white pass. The other is on trail 1106, Otter Lake. Any info would be greatly appreciated. If sites are not at those spots then info on where they might be near those spots. Thanks

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dslayer

Dslayer
PostTue Aug 27, 2002 2:33 pm 
I spend quite a bit of time in that neck of the woods....Otter Lake has one viable campsite, but I really like it. It's also pretty well off the beaten path. Buesch Lake is more of a widewater than a lake-some sites there as well. It's right on the PCT and might get a little crowded this weekend. Dumbell Lake has a virtual campground-nice spot-too many people more than likely. A spot that I like is Pipe Lake-it's right on the PCT about a mile past Buesch but there's a nice little site across the lake that gets only occasional use. Have a good time!!! Skeeters were a pain last weekend but not as bad as they were back in July.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent
Otter

Otter
PostTue Aug 27, 2002 2:39 pm 
this is pre planning for a weekend in the latter part of september....there had better not be any misquitos by then! Thanks for the info...the spot at otter lake.. how many tents do you think it would hold?

Dslayer

Dslayer
PostTue Aug 27, 2002 2:48 pm 
Probably only one at Otter-I didn't pay attention to your comment about a group--if the mosquitoes aren't gone by then I'll be about ready to kill myself-that's a great time to be up there-fishing's good in just about all the lakes. Cramer and Dumbell have better campsites for groups, Buesch is okay, too, I just don't like it as much. If you're interested in trying your luck on some dandy fish-you might try Shellrock, about a mile from Otter plus there's plenty of room for a group. Of the two lakes you mention, though, Buesch is the best bet for a group. If you're up there on a weekend, I'll be around looking for elk but I'm always tryng to get some late season fishing in, too.

"The Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights is my concealed weapon permit."-Ted Nugent