Forum Index > Trail Talk > Who have you hiked with or met on the trail?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 2:42 pm 
The thread about the patches (and the one about wierdos lol.gif ) got me to wondering how often a nwhiker meets another member (knowingly) on the trail. Then I figured, why not include members you brought along with you? So here's my list, and I hope I don't forget anybody and hurt their feelings: Met on trail: Galadriel (on trail to/from Copper lake) DB Cooper (Buthtab lakes) Jenjen (Horseshoe basin Pasayten trailhead) Hiked with: Ice Girl Peppersteak'n'ale Bushwacker Jenjen Sarbar Crwdog Starjumper Captain Trips Newdawnfades Rob of 2DRX Wildernessed Dicey Met on socials or campouts: That's a whole 'nother thread!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 2:45 pm 
It's been close to ten years since this thing started over on the WTA site. No way I could ever remember.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods

PostTue Apr 12, 2005 3:18 pm 
Just Tom. That was enough. biggrin.gif huh.gif ykm.gif

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 3:58 pm 
Met on trail: Polarbear Hiked with: Scrooge, Marylou, Karen, MtnGoat, Tom, Beave, Stefan, Mike Collins, and Ridgerunner.

Galadriel

Galadriel
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 4:34 pm 
Met Slugman on Copper Lake trail, Wooly on Necklace Valley trail Hiked with Karen & Dayhike Mike

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 4:36 pm 
I have hiked with a lot of you but you may not know it. I'll be all around in the dark. I'll be ever'-where - wherever you can look. Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad - I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise, and livin' in the houses they build - I'll be there, too. J. Steinbeck wink.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 5:08 pm 
Met on trail: Backpacker Joe at Eci Lakes Sluggo at Horsehsoe Basin trailhead Hiked with: Marylou Quark Sluggo Tom Mtn. Goat (the brief hike at the Middle Fork campout) Dayhike Mike Frankm3 Bushwacker Sorefeet (again, the middle fork campout) Hikergal Gary (as far as the Winchester Mtn fork) I'm probably forgetting some people right now. I'll think about it some more.

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 5:43 pm 
I have met and hiked with somewhere in the 120+ range???? I have met people from many forums on hiking/backpacking. My favorite trip was our "Meet Preacher Hike" when Preacher (from BP.com) came out here last year to meet our hiking group. I have met on the trail: ChristyE and 2 of her daughters (Rainier) Cascadehiker (Colchuck Lake) Otter and Marmot and a couple weeks ago I met a nice couple at the Anette Lake TH that lurk here but do not post. In all cases Ford and me were asked if we were said people wink.gif The bestest incident was when Ford met and was filmed by Theron Welch on the trail (without my knowledge......), thanks to Dicey who let me know about the film wink.gif And hey Sluggy, you met Ford!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 6:24 pm 
I've hiked with: FrankM3 Quark Jenjen Marylou Erik the Nav Slugman Jimmymac Ice Girl Sorefeet Peppersteak n' Ale Roxanne Along with Zoe, Buster, and Daisy! BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Andrew

Andrew
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 6:43 pm 
I've never knowingly ran into somebody from these forums. David & Karen claim they ran into me at Maple Pass , but I do not recall seeing them. I've hiked with Trevor and Newdawnfades.

polarbear

polarbear
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 6:55 pm 
I ran into MCaver at Otter Falls.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 7:00 pm 
I knew I'd forget someone. Sorry, Ford. doh.gif And Daisy has hiked with Buster (Jen's) and Logan (sort-of Dicey's). She has also run into Buster on the trail. The reason I brought this whole thread up is to show the newer members that we are indeed a hiking community, not just internet posters and beer drinkers. I also think the patches will increase the number of people who run into each other and know it. We can check back on this thread in a year or so and see if the patches have had any effect. So if you see a patch-wearer, say hello, introduce yourself, if you feel like it. And remember, everyone's invited to socials and campouts. You don't need a thousand posts to "qualify".

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 7:13 pm 
Marmot & Otter Strider

Honey Badger Don't Care!
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 7:55 pm 
polarbear wrote:
I ran into MCaver at Otter Falls.
Yep, about 3 weeks after we met at an Ice Cream Social. We hiked together the rest of the day, so you get to be on both lists. Ran into on the trail: Polarbear Hiked with: Polarbear, Quark Special bonus encounter: ran into MtnGoat and his big doggy (Cooper?) on Rapid River Road.

David¹
Token Canadian

David¹
Token Canadian
PostTue Apr 12, 2005 7:56 pm 
Enigma wrote:
David & Karen claim they ran into me at Maple Pass , but I do not recall seeing them.
We both posted trip reports the same day - we recall a young lad with camera & tripod going up the trail late in the day - he remembers meeting a couple coming back down. So did we really meet? Still a mystery. Back in days before this board we ran into a WTA crew where the hiker formally known as Kim was working off her debt to society. Don't remember her at the time as the clues were revealed after the fact. There are openings for hiking partners this year so anyone too lazy to get a passport should get their fill up here while they still can.

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm