Forum Index > Trail Talk > Who have you hiked with or met on the trail?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!

Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!
PostWed May 12, 2010 1:18 am 
I've hiked with: Bryan Raz2Sea SoreFeet Aywolfpack Scrooge ewb Bloated Chipmunk Todd EastKing MountainMan Yana RickZman Tazz Opus Dane drecoll bcfc53 mtnwkr Moosefish Met on the trail: Hulksmash Backpacker Joe Dicey Yana Rich Baldwin Great folks and hopefully many more on our trails!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostWed May 12, 2010 9:48 am 
Increasingly more as time goes on.

Trail snail

Trail snail
PostWed May 12, 2010 6:06 pm 
Who have i met or hiked with from this site
I have not hiked with any of you, but I have met 2 of you: Scrooge, (at Big 4) and Rooinator (up at Goat Lake.) I did not meet Slugman, because I was in my tent durring a shower; but I heard him talking to his group up on the trail. Peeked my head out and recognized the Wonder Dog! Came home and read the trip reports, sure enough, it was him, on the Ingalls Creek trail. He and Wonder dog waited under a tree out of the rain while the rest of his party went a little further up the trail.

canyonwren
Secret Otter Agent

canyonwren
Secret Otter Agent
PostWed May 12, 2010 8:35 pm 
I believe I met TrailPair and um, someone else (or two?) a few years ago on Sourdough. I met a bear right around the same time, so the bear is what remains clear in my memory. And I didn't know who the people were until I saw their trip report. (The bear, I was pretty sure was a damn bear! Eee!) Probably have seen a double handful of you folks on the trail without knowing it.

JimK

JimK
PostWed May 12, 2010 9:16 pm 
Yep, that was Trail Pair, Sadie's Driver, and me. Believe it or not, that was nearly 4 years ago. Oh, and here's the bear:

canyonwren
Secret Otter Agent

canyonwren
Secret Otter Agent
PostWed May 12, 2010 10:38 pm 
Oh, yes! I'm sorry I remember the bear more clearly than you, but there's this visceral reaction thing that goes on sometimes. clown.gif ETA: Four years! I remember I was training for my Peru hike... I guess that was in 2006, of course. Huh. Time flies.

nwcjc

nwcjc
PostWed May 12, 2010 11:12 pm 
I ran into Hikingqueen hiking with friend to Green Lake on 4-16-10. On Hikingqueens Ranger Falls & Green Lake 4-16-10 trail report she ran into a group of guys. I was one of them. I'm new to nwhiker so some day I should be able to add hiked with on my list.

David C
veronika

veronika
PostThu May 13, 2010 12:39 am 
How do you even know if you run across someone on a trail? Please tell me the secret.

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu May 13, 2010 12:55 am 
Hiker in training wrote:
How do you even know if you run across someone on a trail? Please tell me the secret.
Ask them if they are on NWHikers. I ran into Shred just below the summit of Mt. Pilchuck last Friday. He and 3 others were climbing on skis en route to descend the gunsight. Shred was not even breaking a sweat, but the other 3 straggling behind were struggling a bit, especially the guy bringing up the rear, {did not ask their names}, Shred, must be nice to be young and strong. horsey.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Don

Don
PostThu May 13, 2010 2:12 pm 
This got me to thinking, and I realize I have met a lot of people from this forum. I have hiked/climbed with: Tazz Dicey Silence Alan Bauer (ok, I admit it clown.gif ) The Quarky Kim Brown Plain old Dan David AND Karen Karen marek I have met: Mike Collins PiB Dayhike Mike Rich Baldwin JimK Jason Hummel trailjunky AndrewE Opus Sarbar Goats gone wild Yana naturalbeing RodF Sir Hikes-A-Lot Greg mtnwkr I know I'm forgetting some. Trevor should be on the list by now. So should Layback. I've corresponded with many, many more and hope to add them to the list soon! Thank you NWHikers!

cartman

cartman
PostThu May 13, 2010 10:48 pm 
OK, you asked for it. In order. Not that I'm keeping track or anything. Prior to joining nwh: Matt gregor Layback Dave Creeden Jim K Stefan Mike Collins Justus S First trip after joining nwhikers Feb 2007: dicey Mesahchie Mark Jeff R First trip with in 2007: Randy Putz-in-Boots donb silly traveler GeoTom ErinB Aussie TrailPair Martin S Beave Guiran Yana tazz naturealbeing gyngve puzzlr Tom Sjolseth First trip 2008: mtnman mtnsun loper twodogdad wamtngal Just Todd 11th Essential Opus Miss Iris wildernessed Bloated Chipmunk ASBrauer drewcoll raz2sea Schmidt Alti-Babe Schmidt Alti-Dude Dani Bryan Obitonykenobi Roald Middle E Sadie's Driver Joe First trip 2009: mudslinger iron mtnwkr fwb2 BPLlama Sore Feet So far 2010: hotpantz cmurph Barb E stefan-k Snowdog ejain evergreen16 yukon222

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostThu May 13, 2010 11:19 pm 
Yana and a few others. I've also had someone tell me: "Hey your Josh, the famous Josh" which made me feel strange because he had never even met me and he knew who I was. lol.gif

Mtn Dog
Technohiker

Mtn Dog
Technohiker
PostFri May 14, 2010 7:05 am 
I've hiked with H. Hound, Leg Pwr, Karen, SoloSteve, and BarbE (and several other Mountaineers). I've shared a summit with EastKing, TigerMan, Bloated Chipmunk, Mtn Man, and Just Todd. And on the trail I've met Kat, Borank, Tom, and Dayhike Mike - all on the same day. I met H. Hound on Big Snow, the only other person there that day. I also met The Zachster, her hubby, and the late Zach himself on Snoqualmie Mtn. I think I saw her again more recently near Snow Lake. But based on the places I've been and the TR's I've read - I know I share kindred spirits with many of you and have seen a lot of great vistas that only us lucky few have truly been able to enjoy!

Footprints on the sands of time will never be made sitting down.
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSat May 15, 2010 12:43 am 
Hiker in training wrote:
Well, your best bet is to do as Chief Joseph says and just ask when you get into a conversation with someone on the trail. I've only had one chance encounter with another NWhiker (Nomadic Alpine Piscatore) on the trail and we figured it out because he asked me if I was a member. NWHikers members I've either hiked, skied, or ski toured with: Tazz Dicey Big Steve MtnMan Randy BirdDog RCBrown don b Tom Sjolseth There may be a couple others who are members but I don't know their member names.

Davidą
Token Canadian

Davidą
Token Canadian
PostSat May 15, 2010 6:00 am 
Chainsaw_Willie wrote:
There may be a couple others who are members but I don't know their member names.
I'll give you a hint - it's very similar to my NWhikers handle clown.gif

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm