Mady’s Momma

Mady’s Momma
PostSat Apr 16, 2005 5:22 pm 
W

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostSat Apr 16, 2005 10:44 pm 
Outstanding trip report--thanks for sharing and with all of the updated information on the area! I'm jealous of the crossbills you saw. They are one of my favorite birds. But I was sure happy reading of the amazing diversity of wildlife you had---it is what attracts me over and over to the regions of the shrub steppe. Great to hear the yellow-headed blackbirds are back by now. I see many of them there as well as the Columbia NWR areas south of the Potholes. The Scroggie Loop hike is exactly where I have seen the most mule deer of any part of the entire Fishtrap/Hog Lake BLM lands. Wow, you sure verified my previous history there! I was fortunate to see 11 Wild Turkeys in the bordering pine forested areas to this area not far from the trailhead as well once. They were amusing to watch as they worked their way away from me. Thanks again for the report. I was VERY happy to hear that BLM has maps at the Miller Ranch trailhead. That's a neat area, isn't it, that goes west from there. Nice people at the ranch as well.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message