Forum Index > Trail Talk > Opinion Check- Kendall Katwalk Trail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
DuckDuckGoose
Cruelly Bouyant

DuckDuckGoose
Cruelly Bouyant
PostMon Sep 02, 2002 9:44 am 
biggrin.gif Once again, I turn to the "Pros From Dover": Thinking about doing the Kendall Katwalk as my first really big project back in the world of hiking. Inquiring People want to know: What do you think of this trail? Can it be reasonably done as a day hike or does it have t be a overnight? DDG, being the Large Waterfowl that he is, is up to 45 minutes/ 5 days week on the elliptical xcross machine and 45 Mins of weightlifting. Got up Rattlesnake Ridge without seeing any pagan gods wink.gif or passing out. What is the Vegas line that the Goose will cook himself on this one? 2-1, 3-1? Will I be the main course on the next Iron Chef? eek.gif Any alternate trails before I tackle this one? Thanks for your advice in advance! DuckDuckGOOSE!!!!

Why are people always trying to stop themselves from doing what they really want to do?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Sep 02, 2002 9:50 am 
if you're hitting the gym that hard, and can do rattlesnake without seeing spots, you're probably OK for the catwalk IMO. It may tax you a bit, but shouldn't be horrible as this trail really isn't that difficult, just find a comfortable pace and keep grinding along until you make it. It makes a fine dayhike.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Lead Dog

Lead Dog
PostTue Sep 03, 2002 7:08 am 
Kendal Catwalk
You will have no trouble on this trail. The PCT is only 10% grade. Just put your time in and enjoy the great views from the Catwalk. Also try to pick nice weather, otherwise no views.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
catwoman

catwoman
PostTue Sep 03, 2002 9:56 am 
When I did it it was a dayhike. Actually, I did it in the fall and the fall colors were beautiful.