Forum Index > Trail Talk > Just saying hello....
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
strider

strider
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 6:00 pm 
Well, this is a treat! After too much time stumbling about on some of the other BPing talk boards, I finally find one that's focused on home turf. I even see a few familiar handles. Looking forward to spending some time here and getting to know a few more NW hikers. I'm from Silverdale, have been hiking and BPing for a few decades, mostly in the Olympics but some work up and down the Cascades as well. Lots older and slower these days, but I find that geezerhiking suites me. Probably should change my handle to stroller or straggler one of these days.... but it doesn't matter. Camp's always there at the end of the day.

strider I've never been lost, but I'm frequently uncertain where my destination might be in relation to where I am at the moment....
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 6:22 pm 
Welcome aboard strider, looks like you caught us at our finest hour lol.gif. Always curious to know how folks stumble upon us.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 6:23 pm 
Welcome aboard, strider. We're all good folks here, despite the occasional bickering. smile.gif

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 6:58 pm 
Hey Strider, how was the beach? Eat well? We're are we all going for dinner in Seattle next month, suggestions?

Honey Badger Don't Care!
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 8:01 pm 
Tally ho a new member. Welcome. Dont forget to post your trip reports. We love to hear from whenst/where you've come. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
strider

strider
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 9:24 pm 
Well HB, I guess my first choice would probably be someplace that serves food..... hayuk hayuk! Thre's a couple details that might help folks narrow down the choices. How many players? What day (or days) of the week are targets? Thots on $$$s to be spent (super spendy, dirt cheep, or???)? Concerns about getting wrapped around Seattle commuting nightmares might also come into play, for folks coming into town for the event. So, what's the scoop?

strider I've never been lost, but I'm frequently uncertain where my destination might be in relation to where I am at the moment....
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 9:26 pm 
Greetings! An open invitation to our next get together. The festivities always open with a sing-along, with Allison and Backpacker Joe leading us in the Boards rendition of "Cumbaya" lol.gif lol.gif BW tongue.gif

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostWed Sep 04, 2002 9:31 pm 
Hi Strider. Good to know I'm not alone here in Silverdale.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch

PostThu Sep 05, 2002 9:20 am 
take a hike! wink.gif

Otter

Otter
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 10:46 am 
Well well well! Glad you found us Strider! Hey folks... don't let the guy fool yea... he's a pack mule! And he's a darn good camp cook! You've never eaten in the backcountry till you've eaten at a fire with Strider! Oh the stories i could tell..and he's got some darn good ones too! If you ever get to a campfire with him ask him to tell the volkswagon story..oh and the funeral house story..oh and the list goes on and on! I have allready extolled your many virtues..tehe.. to a couple ladies on this board that i went hiking with. So now that you are here.... maybe it's time to bring up a certain trip plan H.B. and Marmot and I have been knawing on.

Marmot

Marmot
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 10:55 am 
Howdy, partner! Pull up a log and have one on me! drink.gif

Hodgeman of BC

Hodgeman of BC
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 2:24 pm 
Hey strider !! Woah.... this is creepy !! Maybe I should turn on all of the lights and look around here a little bit. Ya never know who might be lurkin' around

Stefan

Stefan
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 3:04 pm 
Strider, Welcome aboard. Hope you like skinny dippin'. 'cause we all do it. Do you go out shootin'? (Strider: Ignore reference to last question--inside joke!)

Art is an adventure.
Alpine

Alpine
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 10:48 pm 
Hello Strider! Good to see some familiar "faces" around here! I too didn't know about this forum until today. Guess I'll jump in and say "hello"! It looks like most of you are in the Seattle area (apologies to HB and Hodgeman!). Are Oregonians welcome around these parts? I live in the Portland area, but have been known to head north on numerous occasions over the past 30 years or so. Unfortunately, other responsibilities have limited my trail miles this summer. I'm looking forward to changing that, and hope to hear about a lot of new PNW destinations.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostThu Sep 05, 2002 10:53 pm 
Welcome, Alpine. Of course Oregonians are welcome, as long as you can explain what that whole can't-pump-your-own-gas thing is all about. dizzy.gif Some of my favorite hikes are on the Oregon side of the Columbia River Gorge NSA (being a waterfall nut). I just have to stop in Vancouver for gas when I go. tongue.gif