Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > This makes my head hurt...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mount Logan
Canada's Highest

Mount Logan
Canada's Highest
PostTue May 03, 2005 6:53 pm 
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Eric
Peak Geek

Eric
Peak Geek
PostTue May 03, 2005 7:31 pm 
Fee Demo mad.gif I didn't know about the OR&WA pass thingie so I guess that is better than having to buying individual $5 days or the $50 yearly pass for WA State Parks. I guess since they've already wrung a golden eagle out of me that the extra $20 is a better value than paying $50 and it includes Oregon and the Army Corp of Engineers. Although I don't even know of any Army Corps of Engineers sites in WA.

Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostTue May 03, 2005 8:39 pm 
Eric wrote:
...Army Corp of Engineers. Although I don't even know of any Army Corps of Engineers sites in WA.
You won't see it around here much if at all on the west side. However virtually all areas of public land access along the Snake and Columbia River in the Tri-Cities area easterward/southward are managed by the Corps of Engineers as they are accessing areas of backwaters behind the dams. I never saw any that required permits, but I'm sure some larger ones (like near McNary Dam on the Oregon side of things) with huge campgrounds and day-use facilities would be. Their website actually has a lot of information, the Army Corps of Engineers, on areas in SE Washington.

Chief Paulina

Chief Paulina
PostWed May 04, 2005 5:53 am 
confused.gif Perhaps they could stamp barcodes on the top of our heads and send us a bill at the end of every month.

"Life's been good to me so far" - Joe Walsh
termite
wildloaf

termite
wildloaf
PostWed May 04, 2005 6:38 am 
Is the NW forest pass still effective?

"I seem to have lost my bearing."
Dante

Dante
PostWed May 04, 2005 7:49 am 
They should have a universal pass for the whole USA you can buy when you file your tax return.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed May 04, 2005 8:22 am 
The $85 pass covers all the state parks in Oregon but only a few in WA, we have one I got last year. It does cover Exit 38 Easton, Wenatchie and Sequim Bay but not Lake Sammamish, Squak Mtn. Rattlesnake Lake and many others. frown.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
WTCrocker

WTCrocker
PostWed May 04, 2005 9:33 am 
termite wrote:
It is still required at developed THs, never was 'effective'.

This the year!!
Eric
Peak Geek

Eric
Peak Geek
PostWed May 04, 2005 10:09 am 
Quote:
You won't see it around here much if at all on the west side. However virtually all areas of public land access along the Snake and Columbia River in the Tri-Cities area easterward/southward are managed by the Corps of Engineers as they are accessing areas of backwaters behind the dams.
Yeah, I figured there was some spots like that and Ive seen a fair number in other states. Just hadn't seen any in Western WA and from what little hiking Ive been to out towards the mid-Columbia it has seemed like most of that is WDFW land. I've never even heard any mentioned in the conversation about places people go outdoors. Although nationally Army corps sites tend to be boat launch and picnic table type stuff in general.
Quote:
The $85 pass covers all the state parks in Oregon but only a few in WA, we have one I got last year. It does cover Exit 38 Easton, Wenatchie and Sequim Bay but not Lake Sammamish, Squak Mtn. Rattlesnake Lake and many others.
That is ridiculous. If they are going to be selling a multipark pass that is supposed to be at least semi-state wide it ought to cover the whole system. It's like they go out of their way to be lame. Oregon is making WA look bad too. Looks like Oregon is funding their park system to a greater extent than Washington given that they charge $25 instead of $50 for an annual pass and they actually include all of their parks instead of just the 25 or so on the WA list. I guess I should stop calling it Fee Demo since the "Demo" part of the law ended in 1998. shakehead.gif

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostWed May 04, 2005 10:16 am 
Thats why I didnt pay for the pass.... I uhhh....couldnt understand the graph..ya.

termite
wildloaf

termite
wildloaf
PostWed May 04, 2005 12:34 pm 
WTCrocker wrote:
termite wrote:
It is still required at developed THs, never was 'effective'.
I am a complete idiot. I thought that the NW forest pass worked anywhere in the NW. I guess my friend is an idiot too, because he bought the NW forest pass to park at paradise at MRNP. Which pass effectively works for , hmm, lets say the Wenaha-Tuccanon Wilderness trailheads (Washington side)?

"I seem to have lost my bearing."
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed May 04, 2005 12:50 pm 
Does anyone know if "Duck Stamp" replaces "Access Stewardship Pass"? Those are required at Frenchmen's Coulee, and other places. Also, which pass do you need to park in Sno-parks? Is that still a sepprit permit? confused.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostWed May 04, 2005 12:59 pm 
I thought Duck stamps were only good for hunting, I learned something there.

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostWed May 04, 2005 5:12 pm 
Ok, so what passes do I need to get in order to follow the rules and regulations this year? confused.gif I guess I look at all of these different passes and permits and think there just has to be a better way. I don't want to deal with tickets because I don't have the proper permit to park at a given trailhead. At the same time, I dont have a couple hundred dollars to buy every single pass and permit out there. This is just getting stupid. How can anybody keep track of this and afford it?

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed May 04, 2005 5:14 pm 
jenjen wrote:
Ok, so what passes do I need to get in order to follow the rules and regulations this year? confused.gif [snip] This is just getting stupid. How can anybody keep track of this and afford it?
Not only that but it can be a $5000 fine and hard time if you quess wrong under the new RAT Tax. rant.gif mad.gif rant.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn