Forum Index > Trail Talk > What other outdoor activities???
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Otter

Otter
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 3:14 pm 
allison.. you didn't happen to be at vertical world last night, were you? There was a climber talking about there new passion with sailing...just curious.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Otter

Otter
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 3:23 pm 
LOL.. missed you by a day... My husband and I were there last night for five hours...i'm a little stiff today! Maybe we meet up there sometime?

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 3:35 pm 
agree.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 3:38 pm 
I hike and hike and hike, but when I'm not chasing photography opportunities on foot I'm still out driving about with even MORE camera gear in tow. Sure, it's what I do now as a job, but I do find ways to be behind the camera even on things not at all related to what I need to be shooting. Give me 15 minutes in my yard without the kids and I'm on my belly finding a frog or cool mold spores to photograph to see what I can learn. Gardening is also a passion of mine and my native flora interests via photography overflow into our landscape at home. Makes highest quality native flora images easier to take too at the right times of year when I don't need to hike to find them! Cow pasture pool.....er....golfing...is also enjoyable to me, but I hardly do it lately as if I have time to golf 9 holes, I'd rather take my cameras to a local nature trail for 3-4 hours. Kite flying---never can fly a kite and not have the time of my life. Oh, and great photo subjects too. Hmmm....pretty breezy out here in Fall City now...time to go fly a kite with the kids home now!

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 3:46 pm 
Snowshoeing and snow camping Car camping Hotspring hunting and soaking Mtbing Downhill skiing Golf Digital photography Snorkelling

Honey Badger Don't Care!
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 4:58 pm 
Hiking Backpacking Snowshoeing X-country skiing Flying Photography 4x4-ing Motorcycling Running Shooting Archery Scuba (going to learn next month) Swimming

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 9:05 pm 
Alan! Good to hear from you again. Never would have taken you for a golfer! tongue.gif

Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 10:30 pm 
A friend of mine took me sailing a couple of weeks ago and it was the greatest, i could get hooked on it, too. Ice Girl

Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 11:17 pm 
Thanks MCaver--no one said I was good at cow pasture pool, but it is indeed fun when I have a chance. That's likely the key for me...I don't do it often, so it's unique and fun each time I do! I learned a lot about golfing when I was a kid on the farm I grew up on in Oregon. The old doctor who owned much of the land came out when I was 9 yrs old and had 6-7 clubs that he bought for me from Goodwill. Having 920 acres to grow up on allowed me to find many locations to "create a mock golf course between the cow pies" and I golfed around for many years that way. Upon high school age a few fellas took me to a real course and said I was good. Lessons via the golf team (when I wasn't busy thinking I was a basketball star) and it became natural fun for me! Now....how do I scare everyone and bring back the golf course that used to exist up by Paradise on MRNP? smile.gif

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Sep 06, 2002 11:57 pm 
XC skiing, downhill with kids at Major hills can only tele ski in Wa cept for crystal. Used to do boats but got sick as it became a job rather than fun same for fishing and hunting.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSat Sep 07, 2002 12:30 am 
Watch out IG, I went out on the boat tonight and for the first time ever took the helm, got the little beast up to 6.5 knots on after pulling ropes for 1.5 years. If grinding and rigging foredeck might seem like a lot of fun, I recommend never taking the helm, because it is positively intoxicating. Terrifying, but in the best possible way. Like the first time out on the sharp end of the rope. Unforgettable, for sure. agree.gif eek.gif biggrin.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostSat Sep 07, 2002 6:51 am 
To late already did, i am tell you it was a blast. Not much on pic, but the whole thing was a blast. Ice Girl

Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostSat Sep 07, 2002 7:39 am 
I enjoy sitting on my dead ass wondering why the phone doesn't ring moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif BW clown.gif

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSun Sep 08, 2002 6:38 pm 
Car Camping (I do more of this than backpacking - though I just got a new backpack, so that may change) Photography (if that counts) Going to take up Whitewater Kayaking as soon as I can afford the gear...*knock on wood* Occasional XC Skiing Most other outdoor activities I partake in (aside from Baseball, Soccer, etc) involve a lawnmower, a hacksaw or a broom... clown.gif

E-rock

E-rock
PostTue Sep 10, 2002 9:19 am 
Brian......quit knocking on wood.............
and buy some ww kayaking gear cool.gif You do such a great service for us yakers. We all know your site well. I use it all the time for exploring possible kayak runs. So, when I'm not kayaking and running waterfalls, I'm out hiking, looking for more water to float downhill on. Other than that, when the water freezes, I go to those same spots and strap on a snowboard. I feel like I can do something fun every single day of the year in the PNW. Gotta love this place. biggrin.gif