Forum Index > Food & Grub > Trail Desserts
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
EJ

EJ
PostSat Aug 08, 2015 10:59 am 
I recently got back from an 8-day backpacking trip to Greenland. I made my own food (thanks to sarbar's wonderful website, which provided much inspiration) and it was all really good, but the desserts were the best. I made two different ones: angel food cake w/ strawberries and chocolate sauce: I dehydrated an angel food cake that I bought at Fred Meyer. With a little water, make a chocolate sauce from cocoa and rehydrate freeze-dried strawberries. Dump angel food cake pieces into mixture and enjoy. Some of the cake softens by the sauce and some remains crunchy.
Dehydrated angel food cake with freeze-dried strawberries and chocolate sauce. Yes, it was delicious.
Dehydrated angel food cake with freeze-dried strawberries and chocolate sauce. Yes, it was delicious.
"cheesecake" - 1 packet of shelf-stable cream cheese, mini chocolate chips, cocoa, freeze-dried raspberries, and a packet or two of True Orange. If the cocoa is not sweet, you might want to add some sugar. Mash together in a baggie, then eat. I got the cream cheese and True Orange from minimus, but I also found cream cheese packets at Haggens by the bagels. It looks gross, but trust me, it wasn't!
Recipe: 
1 2oz container of shelf-stable cream cheese 
2 packets of True Orange 
Cocoa powder 
Chocolate chips 
Freeze dried raspberries Mix all ingredients in bag, then consume with much joy.
Recipe: 1 2oz container of shelf-stable cream cheese 2 packets of True Orange Cocoa powder Chocolate chips Freeze dried raspberries Mix all ingredients in bag, then consume with much joy.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSat Aug 08, 2015 9:13 pm 
up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message