PostThu Jul 02, 2015 3:39 pm 
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Jul 02, 2015 8:44 pm 
Miss Hiker Pants wrote:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HpxfcYE1IRsYfTaxQUfIC3zdrC4lua8SNLuwwZVJpM=w1072-h800-no
Make sure you click on the Img button to wrap the link in IMG tags...
Code:
[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HpxfcYE1IRsYfTaxQUfIC3zdrC4lua8SNLuwwZVJpM=w1072-h800-no[/img]

Miss Hiker Pants

Miss Hiker Pants
PostFri Jul 03, 2015 4:51 am 
OH OK I got it! Thank you

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Aug 07, 2015 11:57 pm 
Tom wrote:
If you don't have a photo host we recommend using flickr,
Tom, when I click on the ? in my latest trip report (https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8017651), I see this error message: "The selected Attachment does not exist anymore" No idea what that means, nor what is wrong with my uploads. Ideas? Thanks, Dave

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Aug 08, 2015 12:38 am 
That happens when it can't thumbnail the image. Looking at the TR it appears you tried to wrap the flickr page links in IMG tags instead of the image links. I removed the IMG tags so that it doesn't try to thumbnail the page links. If you want the images to display you need to post the image link (not the link to the flickr page that displays the image along with other stuff). If you're not sure how to get the image link use the "Pics" button here when composing your post to grab the image links from flickr and embed them in your post.

FJES6
Will Belay for Food

FJES6
Will Belay for Food
PostSun Apr 24, 2016 11:55 pm 
Just testing my upload ability on my new phone...

Sincerely, Franklyn Joseph Esquire Sebille the 6th Http://www.summitpost.org/users/fjes6/68961 Alpinism is the art of suffering-Voytek Kurtyka
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostMon Apr 25, 2016 8:49 pm 
How do you upload photos to flickr from your phone? Last I checked the app didn't do it.

FJES6
Will Belay for Food

FJES6
Will Belay for Food
PostMon Apr 25, 2016 10:52 pm 
Magellan wrote:
How do you upload photos to flickr from your phone? Last I checked the app didn't do it.
I found with my android operating system I can select the photos I want whether individual or whole folders in my photo 'gallery' and select the 'share' option and scroll over to flickr. It took me a minute to figure it out but seems to work fine. Not sure for the iPhone operating system...

Sincerely, Franklyn Joseph Esquire Sebille the 6th Http://www.summitpost.org/users/fjes6/68961 Alpinism is the art of suffering-Voytek Kurtyka
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Jan 13, 2017 6:17 pm 
I put something in so flickr captions are now ignored if they look like a camera filename. Basically if a caption has no spaces, dashes or slashes, and 4+ digits it is assumed to be a filename. For example, captions such as P0000314, IMG_0314.JPG, DSC030314, should no longer appear. Captions such as 03.03.2014, 03/14, 03-14 will still appear.

BeardoMcGrath

BeardoMcGrath
PostThu May 17, 2018 12:58 pm 
Testing an image upload from Amazon Drive:
Test image
Test image
Is resizing something that should happen automatically? Seems like it is not the case here Edit: Seems like I can change the "viewBox=xxx" part of the url and get a smaller version, however it would still be great to have an enlargeable version

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu May 17, 2018 11:29 pm 
I'm not sure what you are testing but the image link you embedded does not appear to be a valid image. I uploaded an image to amazon drive, then right clicked on the image to get the image link and posted it below. As you can see it thumbnailed the image. However, I think the image link is only temporary and will expire after some time period so the larger image will disappear. This is what happens when people post facebook images here. They expire after a few days.
Test image
Test image

BeardoMcGrath

BeardoMcGrath
PostFri May 18, 2018 9:09 am 
Quote:
I'm not sure what you are testing but the image link you embedded does not appear to be a valid image. I uploaded an image to amazon drive, then right clicked on the image to get the image link and posted it below. As you can see it thumbnailed the image. However, I think the image link is only temporary and will expire after some time period so the larger image will disappear. This is what happens when people post facebook images here. They expire after a few days.
Alright I'll do some more searching but will default to flickr instead if it turns out Amazon doesn't allow permalinks. Thanks for the help!

rhughes
Painter

rhughes
Painter
PostSun Nov 11, 2018 1:14 pm 
Tom, I really hate to bother you with this but I've been trying to get an image inserted in the message shown below for an hour using both flickr and Google photos with no luck. Below is the text of the message that I am trying to post. I followed the instructions in How to post an image and entered: google and the photo URL from google in the top line; flickr and my login for a flickr photo. The URL of the image is: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qmUtuhrARs53MU3FA Could you be so kind as to point out my error. Thanks.

rhughes Painter Author of North Cascades Beautiful: An Artist's View Author of 100 Beautiful Views of Glacier National Park RoyEHughes.com
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSun Nov 11, 2018 1:40 pm 
I'll jump in here since I just learned to do this and at first had trouble. Be sure to go into your site of choice and go to the settings section on your account page (I used Flickr) and make sure that you set it to "allow" 3rd party sites to access your content. I forgot about that at first.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
rhughes
Painter

rhughes
Painter
PostSun Nov 11, 2018 2:18 pm 
Thank you Anne Elk for your reply. I have visited my flickr Account Settings but see no place to authorize a third party site to access my images.

rhughes Painter Author of North Cascades Beautiful: An Artist's View Author of 100 Beautiful Views of Glacier National Park RoyEHughes.com