Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Gonzaga Basketball
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
trestle

trestle
PostFri Mar 10, 2017 10:53 am 
Normally I can't stand rooting for U of O in anything but I like what Dana Altman has done in Eugene and he has a very versatile team with deep tournament experience.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Mar 10, 2017 12:27 pm 
DIYSteve wrote:
Why? HuskyFan Duck hate (envy)? This year's Duck BB team is fun to watch.
My parents and several uncles and cousins went to Oregon St. Hating on UO is in the blood. Plus the whole Nike U. thing, the obnoxious uniforms, there's something about UO I just don't like on a fundamental level. Altman is a good coach and there are several very good players at UO. Brooks in particular. My dislike for UO isn't as strong in some of the non-revenue sports. I don't hate their women's bball or volleyball teams.

trestle

trestle
PostFri Mar 10, 2017 12:37 pm 
The tree shadows on their court look funky.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSun Mar 12, 2017 3:30 pm 
Sets up for a Gonzaga/Arizona match-up down the road, IF those teams get through the early rounds. That's the madness. cool.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Mar 12, 2017 4:01 pm 
Gonzaga has to be pretty happy w/ their seed. #1 in the West, 1st/2nd round games in Salt Lake City on Thursday. Arizona is my other favorite team. If they play Gonzaga in the Regional Final it will kind of suck for me, but at least one of them would make it to the Final 4.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Mar 19, 2017 1:48 am 
Gonzaga is on to the Sweet 16 for the third year in a row. Had a big halftime lead today, got a bit too close for comfort in the 2nd half but they held on.

gb

gb
PostSun Mar 19, 2017 6:44 am 
Get Out and Go wrote:
"One and Done" freshmen who jump to the NBA from the traditional big schools hasn't hurt Gonzaga. The Zags tend to get players who stay in school more years and develop, which is not a bad thing. (Thank you, Mark Few.)
Lorenzo Romar recruits some great players but for some reason he gets players that play one year and think they are God's greatest gift. I would think most without development will go on to mediocre NBA careers.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Mar 23, 2017 7:36 pm 
Gonzaga in the Elite 8 for the second time in the last three years. Ugly game, West Virginia only shot 26% from the field but GU still couldn't put them away until the very end.

Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostThu Mar 23, 2017 9:07 pm 
gb wrote:
Lorenzo Romar recruit(ed) some great players but for some reason he (got) players that play one year and think they are God's greatest gift. I would think most without development will go on to mediocre NBA careers.
Funny thing is that the NBA will tell you that they quit signing players out of high school to protect the college game. People that know better will say that the real reason is that the NBA needed to protect themselves from themselves and the like of Robert Swift. I would think that the NBA would be happy to have a rule that players need two years of college, but they are scared to go that far because they'd probably be hauled into federal court for restraint of trade and the whole system would be thrown out and they would be throwing money at high school players with all the chance of success that a thrird marraige of Taylor and Burton would have had.

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSat Mar 25, 2017 5:40 pm 
up.gif up.gif up.gif Looked like one of their trademark conference wins against a small private college, uhh.gif pulling away in the second half and scoring in the eighties. smile.gif First game of the Final Four looks winnable, against either Florida or SC. dizzy.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Mar 25, 2017 5:57 pm 
Great game, dominated in the 2nd half. First Final 4 in program history, huge day for the Zags!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Mar 25, 2017 8:13 pm 
With Oregon winning could potentially have an all Northwest final.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSat Mar 25, 2017 8:35 pm 

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSat Mar 25, 2017 8:42 pm 
Wow, Ducks looked tough...No Duck-hater here. (WA native, but grew up in Portland wink.gif ) Would love to see a PNW final. Win-Win! I might pick UO to come out on top of that one against the sentimental Zags. Can't wait to see what next Saturday serves us, even though the intensity of THIS weekend always seems to be a bit higher than Final Four weekend.

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostSat Mar 25, 2017 8:59 pm 
GO DUCKS!!!!!