Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostWed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 pm 
If anyone out there is familiar with the SONY DSC-WX350 I could use some help. I have looked through the documentation but I can't seem to find anything that addresses what I think is a problem with my settings somehow. When I use either the automatic "Intelligent" or "Superior" image modes the flash seems to needlessly go off when the light level should be adequate for good images without it. Especially considering this camera is supposed to have a pretty good BIONZ X Image processor paired with the 18.2MP Exmor R sensor. So...it flashes when I take pictures in bright sunshine if there are any shadowed areas in the frame, or even dark mountains in the distance. I can keep the center of the frame on well illuminated subjects, but the flash goes off and there is no way the flash can illuminate things that are dozens of feet, hundreds of feet, or even miles away. I do want the flash to go off when I am doing close-ups and portraits, or in low light, but not in bright sun...? I have never had a camera do this except for close up portraits. . Am I missing a setting I can adjust somewhere, or do I actually have to use the "no flash" mode designed for museums when I don't think a flash is needed? I had hoped this camera could figure it out by itself... Thanks for any insight!

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostThu Aug 17, 2017 2:20 pm 
Hey, I figured it out. Somehow I had inadvertently turned on the the "Fill flash" feature but was unaware of it until I went through almost all the modes and settings to check them. A total Rookie mistake, but I am back to normal now. Thanks anyway!

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message