Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > New members/intro thread
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
JEGeorge

JEGeorge
PostSun Jan 29, 2017 11:39 am 
Well.. after a (long) hiatus from the forum.. I'm back. Pleased to say that I'm no longer drooling over images of WA and OR from flat and dry New Mexico, but, getting out and drooling over the scenery in person. Moved out to the Spokane area in April. Really looking forward to meeting some of yall.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Jritter1987
Jritter1205

Jritter1987
Jritter1205
PostFri May 26, 2017 9:36 pm 
Hello! I just wanted to say hi to everyone! Im Joe! A friend told me about the site and am extremely thankful. I look forward to learning all you guys have to offer!! 🙂🙂

smile.gif
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jun 04, 2017 12:56 pm 
Welcome to the site Yoe. hockeygrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
westcoasthikergirl
WestCoastHikerGirl

westcoasthikergirl
WestCoastHikerGirl
PostTue Jun 06, 2017 3:51 pm 
Hello! I was steered over here by another member, and very happy to have found yet another place to socialize and swap stories about the trails we love. I've been hiking, camping, and backpacking for most of my life. More recently I've discovered a real passion for being in the mountains and consider hiking to be a key part of my mental health plan. Last summer I was lucky enough to complete the John Muir Trail in California. This summer I'm hiking the PCT through Washington, to properly show my love for our magnificent Cascades! Looking forward to chatting.

Visit my blog!
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Jun 15, 2017 11:54 pm 
Welcome to the site WCHG. The more the merrier. Nice to have you on board.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Wordsbehindme

Wordsbehindme
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 pm 
Hello I am new to this forum. Just call me Words behind me. For now till we get to know each other... Been on others forums. And enjoyed chatting with others ...I was doing photography... But cameras down for the time...as I have been down as well. Bad knees...fingers crossed hope to get out of that spot soon enough. I have gone on short hikes to a few long ones... Done mountains hills and city hikes hey yea the cities were once hills and mountains... Seattle use to have some big hills till they moved them...that was before trolley times... Use to complain about traveling so far when I was younger but today its like lord all that time I could of gone on more walking hikes just crossing the Snoquamie pass or Steven's... When I moved in 73 to Wyomong I was actually training for my hikes on the holl side of our trailer park...gone now but oh the days...that training was usefil during the many girl scout camps... I today so wish the knees would not hurt so much I would be out walking more hiking as well. I use to work as a nurses aide and nihhts was my best for in the morning after getting off I could take my time going home...since my lil one was just starting school and one had afternoon class their dad did not go to work till 2pm so I would at times head up to some place and park and do a bit of hiking... Trailing along till I felt time pushing me .. This helpped to not get stuck in traffic wasting gas... By the time I hit the freeway or hyways it was clear ...working in Monroe and living in Des Moines had its pitfalls... So trail beach city or hills and mountains are my game ...on and off the beaten paths. Not much to tread mills but biking is just as fun either in front of the window or on the bike trails... Mydaughter mentioned the PCT never heard of it maybe cause I never listened in to many others conversations ...but today that sure sounds like some fun walk...sure wish I was able to do it but in the shape I am in nope no way...maybe horse back but not on foot. And yes my dad was relations to Gordon Stuart and as well because of some stolen credit cards and banking issues as well as other incedents placed togeather makes me believe that my dad was the real DB COOPER. A Book working on it gathering information as I can. Well there is lots more about me but for now I best leave it at that.

FUN CH

FUN CH
PostMon Mar 19, 2018 5:11 pm 
Hello my name is Chris 2000. I became active at the Long Island Institute for advanced programming in 1955. My instructor was Mr Fielding and he taught me a song would you like to hear it? It goes something like this. Daisy Daisy give me your answer due. I'm half-crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage I can't afford a carriage but you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bic ycle Bui ltttttt fffooorrr tttttwwwooooooo. bricks.gif

'' what did you dream, it's alright we told we told you what to dream....so welcome to the machine'' David Gilmor (pink floyd)
RobfromFLA

RobfromFLA
PostTue Apr 17, 2018 5:36 pm 
Hey all! Names Rob, college student with a newfound passion for hiking. First trip was out to GNP in the summer of 2016 and haven't looked back since. Last summer I explored the Gallatin area, South Sister (favorite place so far), Tetons (Death valley), Olympics(bad fires from up north, hazy conditions :/) Looking forward to another great summer! Time to hit the Cascades smile.gif

Fallaway

Fallaway
PostWed Sep 19, 2018 6:03 pm 
Hello all! I'm an avid hiker(summer) and skier (winter), primarily in areas close to Bellingham. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have access to so much stellar mountain terrain since moving to the PNW. I fell in love with the Rainy Pass/Maple Pass area of the North Cascades this summer, and also love hiking the Cascade volcanoes - St. Helen's was a highlight of the past couple of years. This group seems like an amazing resource for beta and hiking destinations, and I look forward to learning more from all of you!

Emotaco

Emotaco
PostWed Sep 19, 2018 6:30 pm 
Hello all NW Hikers. I'm emotaco, originally from the East Coast, but now living it up here in WA. Avid snowboarder, hiker, and backpacker so this is certainly the place for me. I have plans to thru hike the PCT in 2019, but in the mean time, just trying to hike (or board) every trail possible.

Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostWed Sep 19, 2018 7:38 pm 
Welcome, Fallaway and Emotaco! Great user names, BTW, both of you!

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 9:14 pm 
Hi all, It's taken an "incident" in one of my favorite places to motivate me to begin posting. Have been enjoying the insights & humor here for a while; discovered the site after solo home ownership began cutting into my rec time. frown.gif Relevant info about me: First taste of high country - Wind River Range in Wyoming, after my first year in university. Got hooked on THE WEST. Not long after - resident in the Canadian Rockies for 4 years. Still consider the mountains of Canada my spiritual home. BC coast a close second. Living and hiking in WA since the 80's. After one guided climb in the Cascades, decided that hiking and scrambling provided thrilling enough altitude & escape. Still enjoy armchair mountaineering, though.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 9:33 pm 
ahhh... but think of the advantages of solo home ownership: you can pick out the colors for the walls and curtains without having to engage in any protracted negotiations. a beekeeper, eh? sounds interesting. do you play music for them?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 10:18 pm 
Only KING-FM, the rare times I'm transporting an observation hive, shotgun. Re the home ownership stuff - yeah, I get to make all the aesthetic decisions, but do all the work too. I lied in my bio re climbing only once - also spent a good chunk of two summers atop my (low slope) roof - doing re-coatings of the torch-down. The 2nd time (after 10 years) wiped me out.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 10:22 pm 
KING-FM is probably a good choice, unless it's Saturday and some knucklehead thinks that the excruciating pretentiousness of Richard Wagner might be in order. Sunday evenings you might want to go with 88.5, though. wink.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."