Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Change Gmap4 button to Gsurf or GISsurf?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostSun Jul 22, 2018 7:12 am 
On the screen for posting a new topic there is a "GMap" button. But my Gmap4 is now a gonner except for 2 narrow use cases not relevant here. I am building GISsurfer as a replacement for Gmap4. My intent is that GISsurfer will replicate most of the Gmap4 features. Any chance that the code for NWH could be tweaked to allow embedded GISsurfer maps? Here is an example of a GISsurfer link. This map is temporarily hardwired to display satellite hotspots. https://mappingsupport.com/p2/gissurfer.php?center=47.128534,-121.336047&zoom=7

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Sep 15, 2018 2:32 pm 
Joey, just getting around to looking at this. For now I've disabled the GMap button. How is the replacement project going? Seems still in beta stage so I'm hesitant to proceed with GISsurfer as a replacement. Is there a reason you can't simply redirect Gmap4 to GISsurfer?

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostSat Sep 15, 2018 2:46 pm 
Gmap4 still lives on for a few narrow use cases not relevant here. Therefore redirect is not doable. Your point is well taken. Let's hold off until I add a feature to GISsurfer that allows it to display GPX and KML files. That is going to be awhile since there is a lot of higher priority work to get done first.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Sep 15, 2018 2:57 pm 
Maybe I'm not understanding something but GMap4 seems fully capable of determining when to pop up a message that the service no longer available. Why couldn't it redirect in this case? At least to display the most relevant map layer rather than a yellow background with no longer available message? I've been playing around with things and it seems from a basic mapping perspective it works pretty well. Most frustrating thing I've run into is when you zoom in too topo maps too far it displays map not available rather than scaling.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostSat Sep 15, 2018 3:36 pm 
Tom wrote:
Maybe I'm not understanding something but GMap4 seems fully capable of determining when to pop up a message that the service no longer available. Why couldn't it redirect in this case? At least to display the most relevant map layer rather than a yellow background with no longer available message?
doh.gif I will tweak the Gmap4 message later today.