Forum Index > Food & Grub > Favorite Pizza
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Dec 17, 2019 1:45 pm 
Pepe’s Apizza New Haven Connecticut

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostMon Dec 30, 2019 11:17 pm 
Geography Nerd wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Kenji Lopez-Alt and his site The Food Lab. This recipe for no-knead pizza in a cast iron is amazing every time I've made it. It's especially good in my Green Egg knock-off when you can get the heat up around 550 degrees. In my next house I'm building an outdoor pizza oven!
This is SO coming out of my kitchen this week. Can't wait to give it a try.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jan 07, 2020 6:11 pm 
I know this is a long shot but anyone know of a good pizza place in Coure de alene, Id? Going to be there Thursday, good pizza is nearly impossible to find anywhere near Priest Lake, Priest River, and Newport Wa....also ZERO Teriyaki places and only one very gross Chinese Restaurant. There is a MacKenzie River Pizza joint close to where we will be, anyone have experience with this chain?

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
NWtrax

NWtrax
PostWed Jan 08, 2020 9:32 am 
Pepe Caldo in C'da

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jan 08, 2020 1:47 pm 
Thanks, probably try it if it's not too far out of our way.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Feb 06, 2020 9:58 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Pepe’s Apizza New Haven Connecticut
HA! Pepe's in Warwick Rhode Island. I was there yesterday........

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSun Feb 09, 2020 1:22 pm 
Happy National Pizza Day! (February 9) A few random thoughts about pizza: * A NWH search turns up 26 threads with pizza in the title. * While Naples, Italy is generally given credit, the concept of a "flatbread with a topping" goes way back and is found in many cultures. I don't accept application of the term "cultural appropriation" for someone's idea of what is acceptable for a topping. If it weren't for appropriation, Italy wouldn't have had New World tomatoes for sauce. Which leads to my next musing. * If you want pineapple, go for it! I don't, but can't say I didn't try it as a kid. And in recent times, now ranch dressing is a big deal for dipping, especially among kids. I saw a sign in a NYC joint proclaiming, "Don't ask...NO Ranch!" * Most unusual topping I had was hard-boiled quail eggs in Curitiba, Brazil. Indeed, standard sliced hard-boiled eggs are sometimes found in South American pizzerias. Generally, I'm not a fan of poultry on pizza. (Give me barbecue chicken on the side, please, just not on my pizza.) *So, thin or thick, anchovies or not, Detroit, NY, Chicago, West Coast or Napolitano, just eat up and enjoy the pizza you like. agree.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostWed Feb 19, 2020 2:14 pm 
Recently returned from a trip to NYC. I was dinin' at the famed Juliana's in Brooklyn ON national pizza day Feb 9. Look, it doesn't get more HIGH PROFILE than that in the pizza world! Seein' and bein' seen, baby. Going big. A major player in the scene!! I reached the firm conclusion that this whole "NY pizza" deal is way overblown. Tried both nicer, whole pie places there as well as the greasy slice places. Sure, it was good but it wasn't anything you can't find outside of NY. In fact, the pep slice from Joe's was bland. BLAND! I mean c'mon now you need BOLD flavors on a pep slice! It's all just NY ego. And I KNOW A THING OR TWO 'BOUT EGO!!!