Forum Index > The Trading Post > WTB: Dana waist belt, from an arcflex or arclight
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hopsage

hopsage
PostMon Jun 15, 2020 9:32 am 
A long shot WTB post, but here goes. Recently, I bought a late 90s-era Dana Arcflex Terraplane, sight unseen, from a store on the other side of the country, after a message exchange with the store's manager gave me confidence about the pack's condition. I've been looking to replace my beloved, 22-year old Gregory Petit Dru, I love high-end 90s era backpacks and their bombproof construction, and the price on this one was excellent. The pack arrived a few days ago, and everything about the condition of the pack was indeed very good, except for one problem: no waist belt. This does seem to be an honest, if very sloppy, oversight on the part of the store, and so far, the manager has been cool about trying to help. Before I try to return a pack that is functionally useless, however, I thought I'd see if anyone out there has a Dana waist belt in need of a new backpack. At 5'9", 175 pounds, and a 33 inch waist, I'm right in between their medium and large sizes, I think, so I'm looking for a medium, though the pack itself is a large. Does anybody have a Dana waist belt, in this size and in good condition, which they'd be willing to part with? Or a Dana pack, size medium or large, that has been damaged beyond usability yet still has a good waistbelt? If so, drop me a message, and let me know what you'd like as a price. If I can make it work at a reasonable cost, it'll be worth keeping the pack, which is otherwise perfect. (And I have contacted both Mystery Ranch and Marmot warranty repair, but neither one can help with this.)

John H. E. Lasseter http://hopsage.smugmug.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostTue Jun 16, 2020 11:05 am 
I can help, PM sent

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message