Forum Index > Photography Talk > Your THREE best photos of 2020
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Dec 22, 2020 8:51 am 
Here's the thread for your best THREE photos of 2020. Feel free to only post your best one (or two), if you think you have a clear winner. Previous years' threads here: 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010. To reiterate, the guidelines are that you decide the criteria for why it makes your top-3, technically or otherwise. However, please let us know that reason.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Dec 22, 2020 9:10 am 
I have a single photo to post as my best one, taken relatively later in the year on Nov 21:
For a few years now I've been trending more and more towards including myself in my landscape photos. These aren't the traditional 'selfie' - oh, how I hate that word - because my aim isn't to take a photo of myself but rather to provide the viewer with a connection to the scene. I still want the photograph to be a landscape picture, so I usually want myself to be as small as possible. To do this I invested in a long range remote shutter release at the beginning of the year, which I have since used heavily. Now, a few words about the photograph itself: The location is North Fork Mountain, in West Virginia's Monongahela National Forest. I had this exact image in mind before I began the hike, and I wanted to take it around sunrise. The camera was set up on a tripod on a broad rocky spire, called Chimney Top, which required a short scramble to get atop. To get into position myself, I scrambled off Chimney Top, then made my way through some woods to get to the base of the horn I'm standing on. Another scramble to get atop that and I was finally able to take the shot. I'd set a 3sec timer on the remote, which allowed me to fire off the shot, and then strike a pose. This shot is my favorite of the year for all the planning that went into it, followed by the effort to actually take it. The end result was all I could have hoped for.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Schroder

Schroder
PostTue Dec 22, 2020 10:27 am 
I've always struggled with night photography. I finally have one I thought came out pretty well of my boat on anchor
Here's one I like for the drama of the sunrise over Three Fingers in the smoke of the forest fires
And one more

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostTue Dec 22, 2020 11:47 am 
Marco Island FLA
Summerland living up to it's name
Good morning!

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostTue Dec 29, 2020 4:42 pm 
Water Theme: Two from Mount Rainer and one from the Washington Coast.
Madcap Falls, Wonderland Trail, Mount Rainer NP
Madcap Falls, Wonderland Trail, Mount Rainer NP
Mount Rainer and Nisqually River from Wonderland Trail
Mount Rainer and Nisqually River from Wonderland Trail
I used a blender filter (ND6 to 0) on the Camera, to help balance the bright sky to darker foreground in this last photo.
Ocean Shores in December
Ocean Shores in December

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Dec 31, 2020 9:58 pm 
You asked for the best photos of 2020, which is a different thing from our favorite photos of 2020. Since you asked for best, I think I can only respond with my NEOWISE photos. It's such a rare thing to even see, let alone get a good photo of.
From North Mountain Lookout
From North Mountain Lookout
Of North Mountain Lookout
Of North Mountain Lookout
From West Seattle, seems to be a rocket launch in the bottom left
From West Seattle, seems to be a rocket launch in the bottom left
EDIT: The colors show up very differently here (dull and muted) vs on Flickr. Not sure why?

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jan 06, 2021 10:04 am 
I didnt have any. I cant really take pictures any longer. Using a magnafying glass I can kind of see yours. Nice pics. THanks for posting.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostWed Jan 06, 2021 11:20 am 
Such a shame BPJ. Thanks for responding. up.gif

TheWanderingIndian

TheWanderingIndian
PostFri Jan 08, 2021 1:10 am 
All taken with a camera on a phone Nature does most the work... 5/10
7/19
9/6