Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Military flights biggest cause of noise pollution on Olympic Peninsula 12/08/20
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostMon Jan 11, 2021 12:10 pm 
NikonHiker wrote:
trestle wrote:
Let's not forget their desire to conduct night-time raids on our public beaches and parks in the guise of "training" for the SEALs and similar groups. Wondering when they're going to let the rest of us use their land.
Are you implying that it wasn't actually for training?
Trestle. Why did you put the word training in quotation marks? It reads like you are implying that it wasn't actually for training. Thanks in advance for your clarifications.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
trestle

trestle
PostFri Jan 22, 2021 3:50 pm 
Sorry I haven't replied. Fair enough, the quotes were unwarranted. Certainly it is training, but I should have been a little more specific in my objection. Given the continued and persistent broach of agreed-upon principles with the US Navy regarding their training and oversight in WA, I'd prefer they did not use my local parks and beaches for their exercises. They have plenty of similar ground already reserved for their own use on Indian Island and Whidbey Island.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message