Forum Index > Photography Talk > Sony Alpha 1
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Mar 01, 2021 3:01 pm 
Looks pretty impressive. Sony Alpha 1. https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-a1-initial-review

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostTue Mar 02, 2021 7:00 pm 
Its definitely impressive, but the big appeal seems to be for videography and / or sports shooting where that insane burst mode is advantageous more than anything else. Probably quite overkill for anyone not actually using it in a professional capacity, but ymmv. Going to be real interesting to see what Canon and Nikon do to keep up though, especially since they have quite a ways to catch up in the first place.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Mar 02, 2021 7:10 pm 
When I lost my eye sight I gave all mty camera gear away to my best friend. He needed it to help start up a website. Hes made very good use of it all. Now I think I might just get one good camera a a lens or two. See what I can do with that.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
runup

runup
PostWed Mar 03, 2021 12:56 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
When I lost my eye sight I gave all mty camera gear away to my best friend. He needed it to help start up a website. Hes made very good use of it all. Now I think I might just get one good camera a a lens or two. See what I can do with that.
Good for you, BJ! up.gif up.gif

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostSat Mar 06, 2021 10:32 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Looks pretty impressive. Sony Alpha 1. https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-a1-initial-review
The Sony Alpha 1 has a 50 MB “Stacked Sensor” in which the read electronics and DRAM are bonded directly behind the sensor. This allows for much faster frame rates, and ridiculously fast autofocus. This would be a really good fast action sports camera. It would be completely overkill for landscape photography!

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Mar 08, 2021 7:18 pm 
Good points all. up.gif