Forum Index > Photography Talk > Photoshop crop tool problem
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostThu Jul 30, 2020 12:02 pm 
I've asked my family and I've emailed Photoshop, but so far got no answer from anyone. Can you help me? I'll post a picture of the email I sent to Adobe.
Photoshop crop tool problem
Photoshop crop tool problem
I modified that a little, because I intended to use it here. If anybody can tell me how to get back a normal set of crop tools, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks. Scrooge

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
bk

bk
PostThu Jul 30, 2020 7:10 pm 
That sounds strange. In the category of trial-and-error, what happens if you try this: Right-click on crop tool and choose Reset Tool. Another random, maybe overkill, thing to try: Throw away the preferences file? These are total amateur guesses.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Jul 31, 2020 9:16 am 
Use the marquee tool. Make a selection around what you want to keep, go to get image menu and select crop. You can use undo if you don't like it. You can also "hide extras" to get rid of the marching ants when you do this.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Apr 05, 2021 12:50 am 
bk wrote:
That sounds strange. In the category of trial-and-error, what happens if you try this: Right-click on crop tool and choose Reset Tool. Another random, maybe overkill, thing to try: Throw away the preferences file? These are total amateur guesses.
I used to work for Adobe and did Photoshop technical support (back in the days when you could dial a phone number and get someone like me to actually help you out in real time). This was back in the late '90s, shortly after Adobe bought Aldus Corporation (who I originally worked for). Some things still hold true, though. First, try resetting the tool if that option is available. Second, delete the preferences file. Third, uninstall and reinstall the program. if one of those things doesn't fix it, it's probably some kind of wacky driver issue and you're probably screwed because what you have is no longer supported.