Forum Index > Partners > Seeking day-hiking buddies for the greater Olympic Peninsula
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
BobT
Bob T

BobT
Bob T
PostTue Apr 06, 2021 7:58 am 
A little about me: I am recently retired and recently moved to the Olympic Peninsula. I only recently began exploring the trails and hills near me. I have been a lifelong hiker/backpacker and am comfortable in the woods. Although I am happy to hike solo, and usually get out for several day hikes per week, it is often more fun to go with like-minded folks. Have a great day!! smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dharmabum

Dharmabum
PostThu Apr 08, 2021 7:36 am 
PM sent.

RobertMBlevins

RobertMBlevins
PostSat May 01, 2021 11:03 pm 
I am pretty familiar with the east side of the Olympics between the Duckabush River area and down south to the Skokomish River access road. There is much good day hiking in between. One good start-out spot is the road that dead-ends at Goober Pond. (Search on Google Maps for location.) From there, a modest trail goes up to some nice overlooks and the lake is open for fishing. There are only two possible spots to really set up a weekend camp. The dead end itself, and a spot you back down into with a modest campsite. Here is a picture of the lake itself. Pretty small lake, you can almost throw a rock across it. Trout are small, but fight like hell. It's catch and release only because they are too small to eat anyway.