Forum Index > Partners > Green and or Berdeen Lakes 9/4- 9/11ish
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wade63
guitarman

wade63
guitarman
PostThu Aug 12, 2021 8:12 pm 
Via Anderson Lakes Waston Traverse. This has been a bugger for me a # of failed attempts so it has become a must do thing plus it's pretty awesome (I hear). A bit of scrambling but I like going slow but steady, it's about enjoying along the way and some fishing. Just checking if a kindred spirit would like to journey. A bit safer with another and always good to share the joys of the mountains. It's a big time commitment. As I said I don't push myself too hard at 58 but I'm pretty sturdy and a lifetime of wandering the Cascades and forests. Hiked with several folks on this forum but schedules are hard to align. I'll continue to gather route info, it's a long ways, and Watson traverse seems to be the best. I went that way in2019, my 3rd try, but 5 days of downpour and couldn't see a thing by myself, my senses said, not this time.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
resilient

resilient
PostThu Aug 12, 2021 9:24 pm 
I am interested. I have been to Berdeen Lk through the porkbelly route up bacon creek. I always wanted to try the Watson route. I am not the fastest hiker but I am steady. I have flexibility to take time off from work but for a trip like this, I would prefer to go in decent weather and little to no smoke. Do you have the dates locked in or are you flexible based on weather and other conditions?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message