Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Another music thread: same title, totally different songs
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri May 01, 2020 6:16 pm 
Washakie wrote:
How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away? Not appropriate for the topic, but I don't often get to share it.
hockeygrin.gif Different, title, but I think it's the same sentiment. Motley Crue had a song called "Don't Go Away Mad, Just Go Away" or something like that.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am 
Here's another couldn't possibly be more different pair of songs w/ the same title.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Aug 07, 2020 1:09 pm 
Found another. The first is a very iconic song from the 80s. The second is not so iconic, but I still like it.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Aug 07, 2020 1:21 pm 
doh.gif How in the world did I not think of this right away? Back when Def Leppard's drummer had both arms and dudes wore pants so tight they seemed to defy the laws of physics.
I'm not sure if Gillian Welch has ever released an official video. You can find plenty of live footage, or video clips someone else made and set to her music, but the video format like MTV used to do just doesn't appear to be in her wheelhouse.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Aug 14, 2020 4:34 pm 
Another I can't believe I didn't think of before. Both good examples of lyrical dissonance, sad lyrics written to really bouncy, upbeat tunes.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Mar 24, 2021 2:14 am 
This never did catch on. I don't care. Who knew this was such a popular song title? 4 different version popped up w/out having to dig at all, each very distinct. I think I've got them in order of oldest to newest. I'm not sure if I've heard the Aerosmith song before, it's definitely not one that is on classic rock stations all the time. I hear a banjo in there, that' pretty unexpected.
Jared Leto's little side project when he isn't acting.
Wasn't familiar w/ this one but I like it. The dancing is cool, too.
This is actually the one I'm familiar with. Totally sugary pop, but I don't care.
And just for good measure a cover version of the previous one, from those cute kids in F211.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Aug 25, 2021 3:28 pm 
Doh. Should've thought of this one a long time ago. Mavericks version was first, but obviously much less well known than the Counting Crows song.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Aug 28, 2021 2:23 pm 

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostMon Aug 30, 2021 10:35 am 
I believe the winner is "Someday", not even going to try to find all these songs.. I have heard the Steve Earle and Neil Young versions, but this is list ridiculous. Even if a few are covers there must be 20 or more unique ones. "Some Day" (1925 song), written by Rudolf Friml and Brian Hooker for The Vagabond King; covered by Frankie Laine, 1954 "Someday" (Alan Jackson song), 1991 "Someday" (Alcazar song), 2003 "Someday" (CeCe Rogers song), 1987 "Someday" (Disney song), from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, 1996 "Someday" (Flipsyde song), 2005 "Someday" (Glass Tiger song), 1986 "Someday" (Julian Lennon song), 2013 "Someday" (M People song), 1992 "Someday" (Mariah Carey song), 1990 "Someday" (Michael Learns to Rock song), 1995 "Someday" (Nickelback song), 2003 "Someday" (Nina Girado song), 2006 "Someday" (No Angels song), 2003 "Someday" (Rob Thomas song), 2009 "Someday" (Steve Earle song), from Guitar Town, 1986 "Someday" (The Strokes song), 2002 "Someday" (Sugar Ray song), 1999 "Someday" (Vince Gill song), 2003 "Someday (I Will Understand)", by Britney Spears, 2005 "Someday (I'm Coming Back)", by Lisa Stansfield, 1992 "Someday (Place in the Sun)", by Tinie Tempah, 2013 "Someday (You'll Want Me to Want You)", written by Jimmie Hodges, 1944; covered by many artists "Someday"/"Boys & Girls", by Kumi Koda, 2006 "Someday", by the Afters from I Wish We All Could Win "Someday", by Ash from Free All Angels "Someday", by the Black Eyed Peas from The Beginning "Someday", by Brian Houston from Sugar Queen "Someday", by the Carpenters from Ticket to Ride "Someday", by Cold Chisel from Blood Moon "Someday", by Crossfade from Falling Away "Someday", by Crystal Gayle from Someday "Someday", by David Gates from Never Let Her Go "Someday", by Embrace from Out of Nothing "Someday", by Emyli "Someday", by Enuff Z'Nuff from Paraphernalia "Someday", by GFriend from Snowflake "Someday", by Greg Kihn Band from Kihnspiracy "Someday", by John Legend "Someday", by Ké "Someday", by Keisha White, theme song from the TV series The Story of Tracy Beaker "Someday", by Kygo from Golden Hour "Someday", by Kylie Minogue from Body Language "Someday", by Lesley Gore from Ever Since "Someday", by LP from Forever for Now "Someday", by Michael Bublé from Nobody but Me "Someday", by Michael W. Smith from I'll Lead You Home "Someday", by Mike Errico "Someday", by Moby Grape from Moby Grape "Someday", by Neil Young from Freedom "Someday", by OneRepublic from Human "Someday", by Project Rocket from the split EP Project Rocket / Fall Out Boy "Someday", by Ray Charles "Some Day", by Shinedown from Us and Them "Someday", by Silent Poets "Someday", by Slinkee Minx "Someday", by Tegan and Sara from Sainthood "Someday", by Two Door Cinema Club from Beacon "Someday", by U-KISS from Neverland "Someday", by Ween from Shinola, Vol. 1 "Someday", by Yanni from Niki Nana "Someday", by Zebrahead from Waste of Mind "Someday", from the musical Memphis "Someday (August 29, 1968)", by Chicago from The Chicago Transit Authority

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Aug 30, 2021 9:15 pm 
They don't get much different and unrelated than this...

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Aug 30, 2021 9:18 pm 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
Doh. Should've thought of this one a long time ago. Mavericks version was first, but obviously much less well known than the Counting Crows song.
I think I prefer this one:

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Aug 31, 2021 5:19 pm 
InFlight wrote:
I believe the winner is "Someday", not even going to try to find all these songs..
I believe you. I can't think of where to even start trying to find a song title w/ more different versions than that. Good job!