Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Show us your pies!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Sep 02, 2018 7:39 pm 
plum pie 090218
plum pie 090218

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Sep 14, 2018 8:47 pm 
pear pie 091418
pear pie 091418

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Sep 22, 2018 11:20 pm 
I'm taking the liberty of re-posting this one. I pulled these out of the oven this afternoon about 3:00 pm. I made them for a fund-raising auction event for my sister's dance studio which took place earlier this evening:
blackberry blueberry raspberry pie 092218
blackberry blueberry raspberry pie 092218
The auctioneer, April, managed to get $100.00, $90.00, and $90.00 - for a total of $280.00. wink.gif

Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostSun Sep 23, 2018 4:43 pm 
You are a cruel, cruel person, Ski, taunting us all with photos of those delicious looking creations.

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Sep 25, 2018 12:28 am 
yana wrote:
You are a cruel, cruel person, Ski, taunting us all with photos of those delicious looking creations.
Hopefully it will provide greater incentive for members to show up at the Christmas calendar social (and hopefully we will have one again this year!) wink.gif
blackberry raspberry pie 092418
blackberry raspberry pie 092418
still had some pie dough left over after putting the blackberry-raspberry pie together, so I slapped these together in a hurry:
apple turnover thing 092418
apple turnover thing 092418

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Mar 14, 2020 4:56 pm 
I’ve been looking for photo from our pie baker today. Best.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Sep 02, 2021 11:57 am 
blackberry blueberry raspberry and plum pies 09/01/21
blackberry blueberry raspberry and plum pies 09/01/21

Mike Collins, JimK
Bowregard

Bowregard
PostThu Sep 02, 2021 1:42 pm 
Pies this time of year remind me of friends that used to hold an annual "Pie Dinner" on Bainbridge. There were near 30 homemade pies each year and about the same number of people. One rule: No other food or savory pies - just sweet. Toughest part was the volleyball after dinner - many stomach related injuries.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostFri Sep 03, 2021 8:09 pm 
The heart cookie cutter was better than the dinosaur, bells, or Xmas tree. Went out Tuesday for huckleberries but didn’t find enough for a pie. A blueberry farm at Granite Falls made it easy.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Sep 18, 2021 12:57 pm 
plum pie 09/18/21
plum pie 09/18/21

Aussie
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Oct 09, 2021 2:41 pm 
apple and blueberry-raspberry pie 10/09/21
apple and blueberry-raspberry pie 10/09/21

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Sep 15, 2022 11:18 pm 
why is this thread in "full moon saloon" and not "food and grub" ?? time to bring it back to life...... one of the coffee girls up on the corner turns 26 tomorrow - had to make her a pie, of course! the other one is for my neighbor with the motion-sensor security cameras that watch the back of my house. wink.gif
blackberry pie 091522
blackberry pie 091522

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Nov 24, 2022 8:22 am 
pumpkin pie 11/23/22
pumpkin pie 11/23/22
my mother's pumpkin pie recipe

RichP, meck
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Nov 27, 2022 10:51 am 
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT Ordinarily, I would never even consider buying pie anywhere. Perhaps I set my standards a bit too high, but I simply refuse to compromise when it comes to pie crust. Life is too short to eat crappy, poorly-made pastry. If you scroll back through this thread, you will note that over the years I've experimented with different combinations of dried fruit and fresh fruit in some of my pies: apple or pear pie with dried cranberry, dried blueberry, dried cherry and other combinations have been tried. The results have varied from damn good to feed-it-to-the-dogs. It was because of that experimentation that seeing this new "Apple and Cranberry Tart" over at TJ's really piqued my curiosity enough to actually buy a package to see how they had gone about dealing with the apple-cranberry combination. As it turns out, they used fresh cranberry, I'm guessing sliced and blanched, and they hit with a heavy enough dose of sugar to take that bite off it - one of the things about cranberry that I really enjoy. (That's the reason I had to make my own cranberry sauce last night after having been subjected to over-sweetened-and-doctored-with-God-knows-what red moosh at dinner a couple nights ago.) Notwithstanding my failure to "prepare as directed" (the instructions telling you to heat them in a 350° F oven are inconveniently located on the bottom of the package. Inverting the package with one tart in it would result in mooshing the other tart, so of course I didn't turn it over to read the instructions.)(R&D fail #1) The filling actually wasn't bad, even at room temperature. (Every time I type that out, I recall the response from the head chef on the cruise ship when he asked me about something and I said "Not bad," to which his reply was "Oh, but not good either?", but I digress... ) Unfortunately, the pastry is a huge fail. I would put it about on a par level with that Play-Dough stuff they sell at those "Shari's" restaurants. (Are they still in business?) Truly awful. I would be embarrassed serving this to company. After I suffered through the first one I happened to tip the box up on end and saw the instructions about heating them up. I gave it some thought. I considered the possibility that heating it up might make it more palatable. Then I decided that no, it would just be like warm Play-Dough. I threw the other one out in the alley for the crows. They are diggin' it. Oh... and FTR, just in case somebody from TJ's spots this: The last pie of mine that got sold fetched $135 at a fund-raiser. I should have brought more pies to that gig.
Trader Joe's Apple Cranberry Tart
Trader Joe's Apple Cranberry Tart
BK & Mom - Gig Harbor Senior Center fund-raiser 11/13/21
BK & Mom - Gig Harbor Senior Center fund-raiser 11/13/21
Sorry about the flame job, guys.... but I really expect better of you. Everything else is so damn perfect! <edit 10:43 PST> FFS - I didn't see this until I went to toss the package in the recycle - this stuff isn't even really food. Palm Oil? Wikipedia says it's an "edible oil". I submit: tree bark is edible too. Humans have actually managed to survive by eating it. In recent times, no less. UCLIU.
:down:
down.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Nov 27, 2022 11:53 pm 
I was having a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie with whipped topping and decided to add some jellied cranberry, awesome combo!

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.