Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Summit at Snoqualmie revised uphill travel policy
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Snowdog

Snowdog
PostTue Dec 07, 2021 10:19 am 
I thought the Pass was free?  If so, why do they need any payment info?  I also assume that it is only needed on days they are operational?  I am also assuming one can get a Pass in person on days they are open?
Lots of assuming, I know!  biggrin.gif

--------------
'we don't have time for a shortcut'
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Dec 07, 2021 11:37 am 
All wrong assumptions. Pass is not free $5 enough to get your info and enough to make it a valid contract. It is needed even if areas are closed. You cannot get it in person only on line because folks would just pay cash and they get no info. They want the info not the money.

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
snoqpass

snoqpass
PostTue Dec 07, 2021 4:14 pm 
Snowdog wrote:
I thought the Pass was free?  If so, why do they need any payment info?  I also assume that it is only needed on days they are operational?  I am also assuming one can get a Pass in person on days they are open?
Lots of assuming, I know!  biggrin.gif

The link at the beginning has all the information, they have a $5 "processing" fee they require you to have one even if the area is not operating that day, there are no daily passes and they are only available through  the online store

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Dec 07, 2021 5:12 pm 
I'm wondering if it's possible to obtain an uphill pass at the seasons pass office @ Summit West.   That way maybe there would either be no "processing fee" or you could pay in cash.

kw

kw
PostTue Dec 07, 2021 11:07 pm 
I doubt the processing fee would be waived but maybe they'd accept cash. They aren't particularly accommodating in my experience, there's a good chance they won't even know what you're asking about.

Snowdog

Snowdog
PostWed Dec 08, 2021 9:55 am 
Randito wrote:
I'm wondering if it's possible to obtain an uphill pass at the seasons pass office @ Summit West.

I think I'll try this once they open.  smile.gif

--------------
'we don't have time for a shortcut'
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Dec 08, 2021 9:59 am 
Back in the day they were very accommodating. In the nineties there was a snow drought and the gave a free pass for the next year to all season pass holders. Crystal and Stevens just said TS thatís the bet you make for a season pass. Of course that was before they sold out.

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Dec 08, 2021 11:25 am 
I think it's all about numbers.   I first started uphill skiing in the area in the '70s after I realized I could hike up faster than waiting in the then 45 minute lift lines on the old "Bonanza" double chair at Ski Acres.    Until about 10 years ago the numbers of uphill skiers was very small and frequently personally knew the ski patrol folks.

But the numbers have been growing quickly and the last two seasons have exploded.

Three years ago -- the Summit started offering "Uphill" classes as part of the Wednesday night Telemark/Randonee skiing classes.   We had maybe a half-dozen students the first year   Last season there were a couple dozen students in the "Uphill" classes and over 80 in the "downhill" classes.

If you are interested -- enrollment in those classes is still availiable and enrolled students are able to purchase a seasons lift pass, including Ulimited and LTD passes which are currently "Sold Out" to non-students.

More info here:

https://washingtonalpineclub.org/classes/telemark-and-randonee-skiing-class

snoqpass

snoqpass
PostWed Dec 08, 2021 1:58 pm 
kw wrote:
I doubt the processing fee would be waived but maybe they'd accept cash. They aren't particularly accommodating in my experience, there's a good chance they won't even know what you're asking about.

they are trying to limit cash transactions due to covid