Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Statement on COVID from Seattle / King County public health
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Dec 19, 2021 8:06 pm 
I will say that my little 5 year old nephew got it. He had a very mild case of sniffles. All other family members had been vaccinated, and one was waiting for the second shot. They all stayed well and tested negative. It was quite hard to keep the little guy quarantined and entertained. I feel sorry for parents with sniffly kids. For his school, and I assume all state schools? if your kid is sick, they have to stay home until tested and the test has to of course, be negative. That's a good thing, but this little guy now starts screaming whenever he sees they are on the way to the testing place. It is too bad we can't have a gentler testing method.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
uww

uww
PostSun Dec 19, 2021 11:37 pm 
The last time I tested my kid it has was in a Walgreens drive through where my 6 year old rubs the Q-tip around his own nostrils.
Chief Joseph wrote:
I also find it interesting that I have not heard of one professional athlete who has died or even become very sick from the virus.
Elite athletes seem to be getting myocarditis, some are out for the season. I know it has sidelined a couple NHL players for sure. https://theathletic.com/news/oilers-josh-archibald-out-indefinitely-with-myocarditis-after-having-covid-19/xmAtjhzDlodk/ https://theathletic.com/news/wilds-marco-rossi-opens-up-about-heart-condition-that-forced-him-off-the-ice/oYYjA2KvEaol/ There are some larger studies showing collegiate and professional athletes have a small 1-5% chance of having cardiovascular issues but as you'd expect most cases are mild. Having your multimillion dollar career on the line would change the calculus for me.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostMon Dec 20, 2021 8:17 am 
Really informative about rapid antigen tests. Early after you have been infected you might have some symptoms but not be highly infectious to others. The rapid test will be negative because it is designed to detect whether or not you are infectious to others. See the slide in this tweet https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1472024457640394756

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostMon Dec 20, 2021 10:47 am 
Another excellent slide showing the timeline of a covid infection and the period during which a rapid test would likely show 'positive'. https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1472959306475597826

Navy salad
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Dec 20, 2021 1:11 pm 
I just made a trip to the Walmarche. Was glad to see the toilet paper shelves well stockedl. The only odd sight was a woman with the bottom of her cart full of Spam.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Dec 20, 2021 2:58 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
I just made a trip to the Walmarche. Was glad to see the toilet paper shelves well stockedl. The only odd sight was a woman with the bottom of her cart full of Spam.
Likely stocking up for the Zombie Apocalypse, Spam probably has a shelf life as long as a humans. Speaking of Apocalypse, you guys should check out the remake of Apocalypse now on Netflix, I really liked it. I thought it was Emilio Estevez at first, Martin Sheen is so young.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Dec 20, 2021 5:42 pm 
I just went through a family situation involving covid. My ex brother-in-law from Oregon got it (demanding bars and strip clubs be opened!), had symptoms (loss of smell/taste), tested positive, exposed his 16 year old son. Then knowingly sent the 16 year old to my 87 year old mother's house for Thanksgiving. The kid starts showing symptoms and tests positive. A few days later his 20 year old brother starts with symptoms - then tests positive. The 20 year old has a congenital heart issue (the "reason" he didn't get the vax), he has been laid up since then, can't even get out of bed. I'm really worried about his long term prognosis. My Mom and my Niece (both vaxxed and boosted) never tested positive and never got symptoms, even though they have all been quarantined in the same house together for 3 weeks now. I got lucky and cancelled my trip down there over those holidays. But I will have to go down at some point. I need a bubble boy suit. I don't trust this virus to not have some future unknown retro effect. Like the chicken pox virus leading to shingles later in life. Viruses are freaky things. They contradict our definitions of "life".

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Dec 20, 2021 7:38 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
The only odd sight was a woman with the bottom of her cart full of Spam
Oddly enough SPAM has become fashionable again, perhaps because it will keep when the power goes out during total societal collapse or because some Instagram influencers got payments from Hormel

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Dec 20, 2021 8:14 pm 
I was tidying up and found some soup that had a 2017 date on it. I ate a can and will use it all. It tastes as well as newer canned soup. Now, that video guy I pasted up on here has another one that has a bit of bad news about vaccines. It's the way the shots are given. A Denmark doctor has found out that some of the severe "reactions" are caused by the vaccine being shot directly into the blood stream--it's a muscle shot as we all know. Perhaps a medical expert on here can explain, but they are recommending that the syringe be aspirated during the shot, which the one guy thought was common procedure but apparently is not. I'm thinking that is when the syringe plunger is pulled back a bit first, when stuck in? I have only given shots to antsy horses and cows. The video is on youtube and I think was put up today.

neek

neek
PostMon Dec 20, 2021 9:14 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
Now, that video guy I pasted up on here has another one that has a bit of bad news about vaccines. It's the way the shots are given. A Denmark doctor has found out that some of the severe "reactions" are caused by the vaccine being shot directly into the blood stream--it's a muscle shot as we all know.
Really?? I thought about that a year ago. Which makes me think it can't possibly be real. I'm never right about these things, plus it seems too obvious. And there are clear statistical differences among (the very rare) adverse effects from different vaccine types and dosages. Also I thought only goats ate cans.

Chief Joseph
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Dec 20, 2021 9:56 pm 
Here is the video.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostTue Dec 21, 2021 8:17 am 
Thank you everyone for cooperating so that this thread can remain open. Here is what a Washington Post health reporter tells family and friends. No paywall https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/21/holiday-advice-omicron-family/

RichP

RichP
PostTue Dec 21, 2021 8:35 am 
I saw a recent headline that "we all have a date with omicron." Best to everyone and may we be looking at this thing is the rear view mirror soon.

Chief Joseph, treeswarper
neek

neek
PostTue Dec 21, 2021 9:09 am 
Report issued yesterday finds "no evidence of Omicron having lower severity than Delta". Great. Seems that Paxlovid is coming along just in time. I hope it's approved soon.

glenoid

glenoid
PostTue Dec 21, 2021 9:42 am 
If you watch any news, you will see countless shots being given to people. By my count, at least 50% of those shown have been administered incorrectly. They are giving the shot in "fat", not muscle. The medical providers squeeze the persons skin, tenting a wad of skin and fat in which they inject the shot. (I believe they are afraid that the long needle in their hands will hit bone, so they give themselves a little more room). Proper technique stabilizes the skin almost flat, not tenting it up. The result of this I worry has caused many covid vaccinations to be rather worthless, not allowing good dissemination of the vaccine in vascular muscle, but instead having the shot languish in fat. As an aside, if medical professionals can't even give a vaccine correctly, how can we as the "lay" public do our own fast antigen tests? These tests need to find virus to work. Just a quick wipe around our nostrils is inadequate in my opinion. Deeper nasopharyngeal swabs are a lot better at finding where the virus is hanging out. [If the swab collects virus then the test is positive. If the swab does not collect any virus (though present) the test is negative]. Having us, as the general public try to find the virus with a Qtip is a recipe for failure. Also see the first picture from Joeys link in the WA Post.