Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Costco Favorites
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostSat Jan 22, 2022 1:15 pm 
As a kid we used to go to Germany to visit my Mom's family. One of the things that stands out in my memory was the taste of their milk and butter. Nothing I have had over here compares. Funny it was a horse pulled wagon that came around and delivered the goods. When I went to Europe for my honeymoon in 1990 it was the Hefe Weizen beer that stands out in my memory...the american versions are poo-poo (actually pee-pee). Even the ones sold over here with German brewery names on them. The freshness was the key factor.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Fedor

Fedor
PostSat Jan 22, 2022 3:42 pm 
Tom wrote:
Having recently switched to a Keto diet I've been adding more fats to my diet.
Have you tried the Whisps parmesan cheese crisps they're selling? Good keto snack. Quite salty of course.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jan 22, 2022 6:35 pm 
Yes, the crisps are pretty good but I get them at Safeway and enjoy them on salads in place of croutons. I get targeted for lots of $5 off $5 promos at Safeway (created lots of J4U accounts a while back for gift card promos and they want me to keep spending) so I rarely buy stuff in bulk at Costco, now. wink.gif Love the Rebel Ice Cream pints at Safeway for the occasional Keto indulgence but generally don't snack (if doing Keto right should stay satiated). Some Keto stuff in bulk is still cheaper at Costco, like Collagen Peptides, Almond Flour, Olive Oil, etc. And of course, unique items like the 95% grass fed butter. I think Kerrygold butter is the next closest thing, at 85% grass fed (based on days of the year they graze). Keto Brownie mix at Costco is also quite good.

Fedor

Fedor
PostSun Jan 23, 2022 6:56 pm 
coldrain108 wrote:
As a kid we used to go to Germany to visit my Mom's family. One of the things that stands out in my memory was the taste of their milk and butter. Nothing I have had over here compares.
If you're willing to pay quite a bit more than grocery store prices, you can find local raw grass-fed milk and butter. https://www.3lpfreshfoods.com https://www.localharvest.org

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostThu Jan 27, 2022 8:05 am 
Costco is keto central. In addition to olive oil they have avocado oil, various nuts, MCT oil, etc. For hiking I like the bone broth packets. I highly recommend hemp hearts which are a great source of plant based fat and protein. We have it in our nightly salad. Also really good in salads are the pumpkin seeds from Costco which are not roasted in oil. The frozen salmon burgers are great for a quick, easy, tasty, and healthy dinner item. They often have organic veggies like Brussels sprouts or cauliflower.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Apr 13, 2023 12:04 am 
Golden Island Fire Grilled Pork Snack Bites (not jerky). So tender and tasty, I don’t know how I lived before I found these. Perfect for a protein item as part of a hiking lunch. Sealed in small packages, refrigerate after three days, as if! No bad stuff like preservatives. Fun fact: the golden island refers to Taiwan, but the recipe is Korean inspired, and they are a product of the USA. Costco favorite: snap sales. On Easter Sunday they had a one day sale on IPhones, a rare bird. I broke down and bought a 14 pro max. $50 off the best unsubsidized price, plus free Apple Care+. Now I’m using the “track my package” to see it getting closer. 7:50 pm it left Roseberg, OR, and it just got to Portland. Yes, I am bored. lol

kbatku
Questionable hiker

kbatku
Questionable hiker
PostSat Apr 15, 2023 12:57 pm 
Buy the Tillamook White extra-sharp & open the package. Then put the ccheese block in a gallon baggie in your cheese drawer for a month or so. The cheese is transformed in taste & texture - it's like Cougar Gold or some high-priced fru fru cheese.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Apr 17, 2023 1:03 pm 
I concur w/Brian re the hemp hearts. Best price anywhere, and its' the same good old stuff grown in Canada. Costco also has very reasonably priced, and the most important thing - the lowest sodium content - chicken bone broth anywhere. Have you seen the price of bone broth in regular grocery stores? And not even a full quart, usually. At Costco it's about $18-20 for a case of 6. I use it constantly. When I was craving pho and everything was shut down during the pandemic, I made my own (although most pho is beef-based). I looked up the recipe to get the spice ingredients (surprising list), and just winged it. You have to simmer to blend the flavors. Got some thin-sliced deli beef, and a sack of refrigerated pho noodles. Yum! Not a backpacking item either, but so handy: the sliced, grass-fed sirloin. The box has two sealed packets, the meat's slightly spiced and cooked sous-vide. Last but not least, frozen packs of riced cauliflower. 2-3 bags per pack. Great if you're wanting stir fry and trying to get away from rice. Or you could put it thru the blender and make it as potato-y as you want, with butter et al.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood

Brian Curtis
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri May 05, 2023 1:25 am 
Can't seem to find any information about these online, they seem to be a new item at Costco, but they are pretty good and low carb if that's your thing.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Jun 07, 2023 11:07 pm 
Costco carries mace, for use on humans or animals. I saw the Jogger Fogger today in Edmonds. I had mace with me already so I didn’t get any. https://www.costco.com/jogger-fogger-defense-pepper-spray-kit.product.100786552.html https://www.costco.com/udap-bear-spray-with-holster%2c-2-pack.product.100777207.html

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jun 10, 2023 9:52 pm 
Vietnamese coffee at the Business Costco in Lynnwood. King Coffee. 120 packets, with creamer and sugar, for $14. Less than 12 cents each. https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/tni-king-coffee-3-in-1-instant-coffeemix-sticks%2c-medium%2c-0.56-oz%2c-120-ct.product.2001142610.html

nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostMon Jun 26, 2023 11:59 pm 
Tom wrote:
Can't seem to find any information about these online, they seem to be a new item at Costco, but they are pretty good and low carb if that's your thing.
The same company makes some frozen chicken tenders (to heat in the microwave)which Costco sells that are gluten free and tasty! (I wish these burritos were gluten free as well, but I'm glad to know they're also tasty.)