Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Feb 02, 2022 7:56 pm 
Tom wrote:
Jimmy G is an above average quarterback. I don't think QB was the 49ers missing piece, he's good enough to win, and I think the 49ers wasted their picks trading up for Lance. Made no sense, seemed to me they were grasping at straws after trading up in the draft. I don't think any of the QBs taken in the first round this year were all that impressive in hindsight. Compare to Burrow and Herbert last year. The Rams just played great D on the last series and were the better team, Jimmy G was trying to make something happen, was a long shot even if he hadn't thrown the INT. 49ers very well could have won if they hadn't dropped the sure interception. Despite the stats, Stafford hasn't looked that great this year, maybe he is playing thru injury. Kupp should probably be in contention for MVP.
ESPN's QB rankings rate Jimmy G at #17 out of 37 listed, to me that spells mediocre. Imho, he is THE liability on an otherwise really talented and well rounded team. If he played for a bottom dweller team, he would likely rate much lower. Plus as I think I mentioned, during the past 3 games he threw several passes that could easily have gone for a pick-6. Kupp, imo should absolutely be the leagues MVP, but Rodgers could very well win it. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32071373/nfl-quarterback-rankings-2021-how-all-32-teams-qbs-stack-weekly-big-takeaways

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostWed Feb 02, 2022 8:45 pm 
Cincinnati lost a great DJ this week, so the least I can do is root for them to win the SB.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Feb 03, 2022 9:43 am 
Did you guys see the plays where the Rams coach McVay threw those 2 challenge flags? Apparently he has been taking lessons from Pete because they had zero chance of success.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostMon Feb 14, 2022 10:14 am 
Tom wrote:
Good to see the Rams mortgaging the future.
That's how it's done

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Feb 14, 2022 11:49 am 
Trailhead wrote:
Tom wrote:
That's how it's done
Well, it worked. Seems the Seahawks sealed their fate by giving Wilson his huge contract, something is wrong (imho) when a QB takes up such a large percentage of the teams salary cap.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Feb 14, 2022 2:14 pm 
Trailhead wrote:
Tom wrote:
That's how it's done
Did you see how confident the Rams sideline looked after losing OBJ with no running game? Let's see how it plays out going forward with minimal draft capital as the gaps evolve.

borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostTue Mar 08, 2022 2:53 pm 
Looks like CJ gets his wish. Bye bye Russell, assuming he okays the deal to Denver.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Mar 08, 2022 3:20 pm 
I would rather have seen Wilson stay and Carroll go, but unfortunately it looks like we are stuck with him for at least 2 more years. I like the trade though, Wilson is still very good but is on the downhill side of his career, so good to trade him while he has top value. Now, watch Carroll trade the #1 picks for a defensive back and not use any of the 4 picks for an offensive lineman.

Pyrites
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Mar 08, 2022 3:40 pm 
Happy for Wilson that he has a better chance for another SB before his prime is up. Seahawks probably got the best they could for their long term future.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Mar 08, 2022 4:09 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
... and not use any of the 4 picks for an offensive lineman
With whatever scrub they plug in there, what's the point? Sorry, I'm just bitter because I would have loved to have seen what Wilson could have done with good protection.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Mar 08, 2022 4:10 pm 
So it Goes

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostTue Mar 08, 2022 4:59 pm 
I'm good with the trade. Don't let nostalgic sentiment get in the way of smart business. But I will miss Russ, and the magical healing powers of his micro bubbles.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Mar 08, 2022 6:11 pm 
GaliWalker wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
... and not use any of the 4 picks for an offensive lineman
With whatever scrub they plug in there, what's the point? Sorry, I'm just bitter because I would have loved to have seen what Wilson could have done with good protection.
I worded that poorly, I meant sarcastically in that they probably won't use any of the picks for the O line.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Mar 10, 2022 7:54 pm 
I too am sorry to see Wilson go. What I dont get is with his trade we lost his salary. WHY did we release Bobby Wagner?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Sep 12, 2022 8:17 pm 
Well that was a nail biter. Scratching my head that Denver gave up so much to get Wilson, not to mention a $243 million contract extension, but went for a hail mary field goal instead of letting Russ cook on 4th down with ample time.

runup