Forum Index > Gear Talk > Purple and Green- best outdoor colors
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostSat Feb 05, 2022 11:18 am 
Mosquito Color preference UW study on mosquito color preferences. Long Sleeves, Deet, head net, and gloves optional when it’s really bad.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau

Fedor
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostSat Feb 05, 2022 6:49 pm 
Interesting ... I found this tidbit kinda confusing since cyan and blue are almost indistinguishable. From the article: "New research led by scientists at the University of Washington indicates that a common mosquito species — after detecting a telltale gas that we exhale — flies toward specific colors, including red, orange, black and cyan. The mosquitoes ignore other colors, such as green, purple, blue and white." Of course how a sqeeter sees these colors and how we see them may be completely different. Maybe we need a "certified" mosquito non attracting clothes line as well as treated with pemethrin. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostSat Feb 05, 2022 9:44 pm 
RumiDude wrote:
Interesting ... I found this tidbit kinda confusing since cyan and blue are almost indistinguishable. Rumi
Most color printers use Cyan (Blue/Green) Magenta (Red/Blue) and Yellow(Red/Green) inks. The “Primary” colors are made as even mixes between these three. Blue is equal parts Magenta and Cyan.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Feb 08, 2022 1:51 pm 

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert

ChanceShowers, InFlight  Walkin' Fool, Slim, RumiDude