Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Question about the Font size button.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostWed Feb 23, 2022 10:42 am 
Does this only appear in the individual topics not the general subjects area? Sorry if I don't know how to ask this question correctly. But I'm confused. This morning my fonts in NWHiker had shrunk to that smaller size. I searched around and found those earlier discussions. But it took me awhile to figure out what was going on. dizzy.gif If I increase the size to Normal should that stick throughout the website? and 2) is this "button" only found on certain pages not every page? Even this page is not showing the button and the font seems smaller. I do see it when I hit "Submit" and this comment posts. Thanks, ~z

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostWed Feb 23, 2022 1:21 pm 
Looks like phpBB saves the font size setting as the remsize cookie in your browser. So the fact that the font size changed on you today was probably a result of your browser clearing that cookie. You may have done this intentionally, it may have expired, or a software update/setting may have triggered it. I believe it should be persistent throughout the website. Not sure if it's available on all or only some pages, but I assume it is available on every thread page.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Feb 23, 2022 2:44 pm 
The font size option appears to the top right when viewing a topic (scroll up to the top of this topic to see it). It does not appear on other screens but the size you select should apply site-wide. Your choice is stored in a browser cookie so you can customize it by device if you prefer a larger font size on your phone vs. desktop.
NWHikers.net font size option
NWHikers.net font size option
Did you perhaps accidentally change the zoom setting on your browser to something other than 100%? That is the other way you can scale the font.
Browser zoom
Browser zoom

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostWed Feb 23, 2022 3:54 pm 
zimmertr wrote:
So the fact that the font size changed on you today was probably a result of your browser clearing that cookie. You may have done this intentionally, it may have expired, or a software update/setting may have triggered it.
I do clear cookies regularly so that may have been it. And I mainly use Firefox. They update fairly often. So I need to pay more attention to the font size in that button and make sure it's on Desktop Normal. Thanks, ~z

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostWed Feb 23, 2022 4:01 pm 
Tom wrote:
The font size option appears to the top right when viewing a topic (scroll up to the top of this topic to see it). It does not appear on other screens but the size you select should apply site-wide. Your choice is stored in a browser cookie so you can customize it by device if you prefer a larger font size on your phone vs. desktop.
Thanks for clarifying that. I was getting confused looking for it. I just hope I remember down the road. haha And I almost exclusively view this site on my desktop.
Tom wrote:
Did you perhaps accidentally change the zoom setting on your browser to something other than 100%? That is the other way you can scale the font.
I did check to see per your demonstration. Mine looks to be 100% like your example. Thanks for all the tips. ~z