Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Movie reviews
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostFri Dec 17, 2021 1:03 pm 
^ Yeah, I initially had a hard time sitting through it, but ended up thinking it was worth the effort. Overall, a pretty good film. up.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Dec 24, 2021 4:24 pm 
Just saw “Don’t Look Up” on Netflix. Very entertaining dark satire on the intersection of science, politics, and media. All star cast including Leonardo, Strepp, Blanchet, and many others. Media critics do not seem to like it very much, may hit to hard for them. up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
catsp

catsp
PostFri Dec 24, 2021 6:14 pm 
Arthur's Perfect Christmas. A thoughtful, compelling multi-viewpoint character driven study of the Christmas holiday, both as to that holiday and as it relates to the beliefs and non-beliefs of others, as well as the difference between visualizing the "perfect" Christmas, as compared to what that means in real life. One minor shortcoming is that some characters are not fleshed out enough to be truly believable.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Dec 24, 2021 11:42 pm 
Last Night in Soho, interesting film set in current and 1960s London. Last film of Diana Rigg aka Emma Peal. Staring ingenue from Queens Gambit, scary. up.gif up.gif up.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Kascadia

Kascadia
PostWed Mar 02, 2022 3:03 pm 
Watched this (coincidently) excellent documentary about a month ago - puts some context into the news of the day.

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler

Anne Elk
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostWed Mar 02, 2022 3:24 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Just saw “Don’t Look Up” on Netflix. Very entertaining dark satire on the intersection of science, politics, and media. All star cast including Leonardo, Strepp, Blanchet, and many others. Media critics do not seem to like it very much, may hit to hard for them.
shakehead.gif Quite often my POV differs from that of critics who pan certain films, but not this time. Hated it. Simplistic & predictable in a totally unentertaining way. Too badly done to even be considered decent dark satire. Good for teenagers of a particular bent, like Greta T. A script unworthy of the talents of actors such as Streep and diCaprio. Obviously they didn't agree. Just my 2 cents.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostThu Mar 03, 2022 5:40 pm 
The Batman” - an incredible movie. The best Batman film I’ve seen, and that includes “The Dark Knight”. Awesome acting performances from the entire cast; it’s difficult to pick any single one out…maybe Colin Farrell’s Penguin. A surprising star…the music score! This movie is going to be big.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Mar 04, 2022 9:39 pm 
I just saw the trailers for: Iron Man 4, the rise of Morgan Stark Dr. Strange 2 Thor 4 Morbius They all look good.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Mar 04, 2022 11:13 pm 
Kascadia wrote:
Watched this (coincidently) excellent documentary about a month ago - puts some context into the news of the day
I just watched the doc on Ukraine that Kascadia posted the trailer for above; on Netflix. All I can say is, WOW. For anyone who's been following international news and wondering, "WTF is going on with Putin??", this film provides a partial background to his motives.

Kascadia
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Apr 08, 2022 3:43 pm 
What, no posts since my last? Netflix is now running the first season of President Zelinskyy's sitcom from his days as an actor: "Servant of the People". It's kind of a mashup of The West Wing and All in the Family, for those who remember it. I was only going to watch an episode or two, then got sucked in. tongue.gif It's an interesting window onto Ukrainian popular culture.

catsp
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Apr 08, 2022 5:13 pm 
Finally got around to seeing the remake of Nightmare Alley streaming. I liked it better than the original with Tyrone Power and that’s saying something probably because the death of the code made it wore logical.

Kascadia

Kascadia
PostSun Apr 17, 2022 12:05 pm 
Moody and mystical, find a good place to sit...............and just watch. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=velvet+queen&view=detail&mid=15CFC51A531675B3E1E815CFC51A531675B3E1E8&FORM=VIRE Calling Bootpathguy.....

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler

Fedor
Olympic Hiker

Olympic Hiker
PostSun Apr 17, 2022 4:17 pm 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
”Free Guy" is awesome! I feel a bit bad I didn't go see it in the theater. It's at Redbox now. It's a little like Ready Player One, but plenty different enough, and better. What movies are supposed to be, just a lot of fun and really entertaining. Ryan Reynolds is doing the Ryan Reynolds thing, and Jodie Comer is wonderful as always.
I watched the previews for Free Guy and thought “meh”. I ended up watching it once it was available for rental and throughly enjoyed it. Watched the latest Spider-Man the other day and wasn’t too impressed. Not the best Spider-Man in my opinion.

If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. - Lincoln
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSun Apr 17, 2022 4:29 pm 
just watched annihilation. and both a quiet place....

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostTue Apr 19, 2022 3:19 pm 
Kascadia wrote:
Moody and mystical, find a good place to sit...............and just watch. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=velvet+queen&view=detail&mid=15CFC51A531675B3E1E815CFC51A531675B3E1E8&FORM=VIRE Calling Bootpathguy.....
up.gif up.gif up.gif

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want