RichardJ, silence
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostTue Apr 12, 2022 9:22 pm 
Sky Hiker wrote:
That's quite disturbing. I didn't need to see something like that on here.
What's disturbing about the natural world doing what it's supposed to do?

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostTue Apr 12, 2022 9:24 pm 
Bootpathguy, have you noticed that the black one always has his eyes locked on the camera/photographer? In every shot.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin

seawallrunner
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostTue Apr 12, 2022 9:58 pm 
Gwen wrote:
Bootpathguy, have you noticed that the black one always has his eyes locked on the camera/photographer? In every shot.
Not sure what that individual found intriguing about my wife & her camera set-up. My wife is a really good photographer. When her subject focuses on her, she attempts to capture those images. There were many times when the wolves were not focused on us. My wife chooses what she want to edit, so, it certainly appears the wolf attention is always locked onto the photographer. I will say though, that this certain wolf appeared interested or wary of the camera.

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostTue Apr 12, 2022 10:07 pm 
Bootpathguy wrote:
There were many times when the wolves were not focused on us.
Obviously she's going to select what she feels is her best work, but in all the shots where there's more than one wolf, while the rest of the pack is busy doing their thang, he's intent on her (or the setup) even whilst doing his thang. I just found it interesting. Please tell your better half how impactful I find her shots, and keep sharing.

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostWed Apr 13, 2022 7:44 am 

RichardJ, mosey, Gabep
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostWed Apr 13, 2022 4:26 pm 
Admin edited my title to add "[Graphic]" For the next image might I suggest to you... [ Rated R ] Or, IYSLA [ If You're Squeamish Look Away ]

JeremyJ
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Apr 13, 2022 4:48 pm 
Nah, just a content disclaimer for those that might be sensitive. Enjoying the thread and hoping to keep it from drift.

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostThu Apr 14, 2022 5:11 pm 
Some folks might find this image really disturbing. It's graphic indeed. Sharp teeth. Torn flesh. Blood dripping from the muzzle. Brutal & raw. What was even more disturbing was the capture. Although no blood, no guts & nothing gruesome. But When the wolves seize the deer, the image my wife captured of the deers face really bothered me. The expression. You see it in the eyes. Total terror. The visual. Combine that with the audio of the distress crying coming from the deer. It touched many of my emotions. To me, it's the most graphic of all the photos. Much of wolf's prey die like this. I'm going to be really honest. I didn't like the wolves very much after witnessing this. In fact, for most of the remainder of the trip, I viewed them as evil. The enemy of all living creatures in Yellowstone. Silly and unrealistic, I found myself fantasizing and wishing that mother nature would have imprinted compassion in the wolves DNA towards their prey. Why can't the death be swift? Hoping that in some way, that wolves could honor and show respect for their prey before consuming it. Instead, being torn apart and eaten alive. Here is a confession. When I got home I searched YouTube. Idaho & Montana wolf hunt. I wanted revenge for that Mule Deer. One video shows a guy calling in, and shooting 4 wolves. All 4 were yearlings. Too inexperienced to know to run. Some of them had a agonizing death. During the chaos & confusion, one attacks it's sibling or pack mate then also gets shot. That video also has audio. Listening to some of those wolves yelping & crying. I'm embarrassed I watched it. I find it strange when I say, I'm really glad that I got to be a witness to something like this. I feel very fortunate and I wouldn't take it back. I found out a little bit more about myself This thread will probably go in a different direction (and maybe it won't) If it does, maybe admin will show some restraint and leeway. Hope it can stay constructive.

RichardJ, labgirl420, Gabep, GaliWalker
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Apr 15, 2022 3:17 am 
Sorry if you were offended by the adding of a disclaimer to the title. It's common practice to alert viewers sensitive to graphic content. I can't see a reason to intervene further. Thanks for sharing. up.gif

Songs2, Bootpathguy, GaliWalker
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostFri Apr 15, 2022 6:03 am 
Bootpathguy wrote:
Some folks might find this image really disturbing. It's graphic indeed. Sharp teeth. Torn flesh. Blood dripping from the muzzle. Brutal & raw. What was even more disturbing was the capture. Although no blood, no guts & nothing gruesome. But ...
up.gif for your entire post. And your wife's photography is amazing.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Songs2

Songs2
PostFri Apr 15, 2022 4:09 pm 
Wonder whether that was the Wapiti Lake pack? Lots of Yellowstone wolf photos by Max Waugh; perhaps you could make an ID. During the hot summer days, wolves may stick to tree shade in Yellowstone, which often puts them out of unaided human visual range (mostly). Congratulations to the photographer. It is difficult to view such things; one hopes it's finished expeditiously.

silence

silence
PostSat Apr 16, 2022 5:08 pm 
Amazing photography!!!

PHOTOS FILMS Keep a good head and always carry a light bulb. – Bob Dylan
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostTue Apr 19, 2022 7:56 am 

Hiking addict
Cooper Warpula

Hiking addict
Cooper Warpula
PostTue Apr 19, 2022 11:31 am 
I can’t believe this photography! My mom is a photographer and I’ve never seen such great pictures.

To have a good life, you need to take risks.