Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Quote of the day..
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Apr 25, 2022 5:13 pm 
"African American Elon Musk buys Twitter!" Radio talk show host. LOL

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Apr 25, 2022 10:20 pm 
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." - Einstein

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Apr 25, 2022 11:08 pm 
"My minimalist approach is this: Don’t go into bear country without a deterrent and commit to making noise. You can’t outrun them, you can’t outwit them, you can’t out-anything them. You need a way to say to the bear: 'this far; no farther.'" - Tom Smith, Bear Biologist - Survival Mag

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostWed Apr 27, 2022 7:47 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
you can’t outwit them
Over the years, I have run into my share of bears that had strategies for getting food bags. But not a single one of them ever figured out the easy way, simply severing the rope suspending the bag in the tree. Just sayin'. biggrin.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir

Chief Joseph
neek

neek
PostWed May 04, 2022 12:39 pm 
"Far too many good brains have been afflicted by the pointless enthusiasm for useless knowledge.” -Seneca

Anne Elk, Chief Joseph
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat Jun 18, 2022 2:14 am 
"I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness. The dumbing down of America is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance." Carl Sagan, 1995

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood

Waterman, HappyHiker, RayD, Sculpin, tinman, Ski, Malachai Constant, cdestroyer  neek
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Aug 05, 2022 11:15 am 
Quoting a friend while at the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at T-mobile park a couple of nights ago...."I have T-mobile cell service and I can't get a signal here". Ironic. I have Consumer Cellular and it worked fine for me. The RHCP concert was awesome though!

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostFri Aug 05, 2022 5:03 pm 
"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." the notebooks of lazarus long

CS

CS
PostFri Aug 05, 2022 5:18 pm 
cdestroyer wrote:
"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." the notebooks of lazarus long
This reminds me of something a friend told me recently: The amount of overhead to make bad decisions at (major bank name redacted) is hilarious.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Aug 10, 2022 4:18 am 
You'll never have enough money, if all you have is money! Sometimes you have to risk it to get the biscuit!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Navy salad

Navy salad
PostWed Aug 10, 2022 12:29 pm 
Sculpin wrote:
Over the years, I have run into my share of bears that had strategies for getting food bags. But not a single one of them ever figured out the easy way, simply severing the rope suspending the bag in the tree.
I thought that's why the "PCT" and "Counterbalance" methods were invented , because some bears have been able to break loose the end tied to the ground.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Aug 23, 2022 11:15 pm 
"I have a kind feeling in my heart for all of you". "I am getting old and have for some years past have made several efforts to be returned to my old home in Wallowa Valley, but without success". "The government at Washington has always given me many flattering promises, but up to the present time has utterly failed to fulfill any of it's promises" He told of how he was not surprised because his life had been filled with broken promises, and of his dream to be buried by the side of his father and children. Chief Joseph, speaking to an audience at the Seattle Theater in 1903, he passed away less than a year later at age 64 on the Colville Reservation, where he is buried in the Nez Perce Cemetery in Nespelem, Wa.

Sculpin

Sculpin
PostWed Aug 24, 2022 8:10 am 
Navy salad wrote:
I thought that's why the "PCT" and "Counterbalance" methods were invented , because some bears have been able to break loose the end tied to the ground.
Or did folks recognize that as a potential weakness and figure out a different way?

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostThu Sep 29, 2022 11:55 am 
“For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.” - Norman Maclean A River Runs Through It

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood

half fast
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Oct 02, 2022 8:05 pm 
“I find that in contemplating the natural world my pleasure is greater if there are not too many others contemplating with me, at the same time”. *Edward Abbey*

Anne Elk