Forum Index > Trail Talk > Road Conditions / Closures
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostWed Aug 04, 2010 1:51 pm 
Official Sites - source of much of the information here Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest - Alerts and Notices Road and Trail Conditions Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest - Current Conditions Olympic National Forest - new Current Conditions page is now available Olympic National Park - Current Road Conditions hotline 360-565-3131 Mt Rainier National Park - Current Road Conditions hotline 360-569-2211 press 2 then (2 for current road conditions or 3 for anticipated opening/construction projects) Gifford Pinchot National Forest - Alerts & Notices Washington State DOT - Mountain Passes Naches Ranger District - Conditions Wenatchee River Ranger District - Conditions In general, post in alphabetical order by common road name within each section unless there are more natural geographical groupings (e.g. North Fork XXX, South Fork XXX) Mount Rainier Corral Pass (FS 7174) Closed since 2015 fire, campground area high severity fire with many hazardous trees. Chinook Pass (SR 410) website Mowich Lake Road (SR 165) Mowich Lake, Spray Park, Echo/Observation Rock Typically opens in July Stevens Canyon Road Grand Park back door, Huckleberry Creek Rd 73, Was in good condition 2023 all of the way to Lonesome Lake I-90 Talapus (9030), Mason Lake (9031)? Cold Creek Road (9070) to Windy Pass and PCT 7-22-2022 Drove to Mt Catherine TH in Subaru Forester. Several sections of serious potholes. Two sections with parallel gullies along the length of the road. Once the fall rains start those gullies will collect water and I suspect serious road damage will result. Joey Tinkham (55), Good condition as of Fall 2023. May have logging traffic from Hansen Creek in 2024. Garcia (9020) ? Middle Fork Snoqualmie Road (FS 56) Mailbox TH, Taylor River TH, Dingford Creek TH, Goldmyer Hot Springs 05/15/23. Paved section open. Gravel section to Dingford trailhead is very rough.The Goldmyer Access Report usually has updated road conditions. [b]North Fork Snoqualmie Road (FS 57) Bare, Dog, Goat, Phelps, ... 10/01/2014 A $75 permit is required to access Hancock Timber lands along the North Fork road. The road is public and you can drive through Hancock lands to reach FS areas for free, but you can't park and climb Fuller or visit other attractions on their land without the permit. Rocky Run (FS 4832) The spur (136 per Google Maps) to the backdoor TH is extra brushy but save for a nasty water channel right at the beginning and some moderate rutting about halfway in is still more or less drivable. Extra clearance would be good, don't take a car you don't want to add pinstripes to. Teanaway North Fork Teanaway road (9737) Teanaway Middle Fork (NFD 113) Jack Creek Road (9738) Stafford Creek Road 9703 Beverly turnpike road (1391) (7.28.2021, Joey) Two bad spots washing out. We were very careful and did OK in a Subaru Forester. Low clearance might not make it. Jungle Creek (FS 9701) Teanaway Butte, Way Creek trail, Jungle Creek trail "Road Closed" sign at the beginning of the road. Cle Elum Trails - road closures - [*][b]Taneum - Manastash Area
  • FSR 3350 - South Cle Elum Ridge Road
  • FSR 33 - Taneum Road
  • FSR 3100 - Manastash Road
  • FSR 3120 near 3100 Junction. [/b]
  • FSR 3100 near Buck Meadows.
  • FSR 4517-117 - Granite Creek Road.
[*]Cle Elum Valley - FSR 4308 - French Cabin at 120 Junction. [*]Cle Elum Valley Road NF-4330 [*]Swauk and Liberty FSR 9707 - Pole Patch Road - two areas - First near spur 115, the second is near 4WD319. [*]Red Top Road [/list] [b]Teanaway Ridge/Jack Creek (FS 9738) ? Mountain Loop Mountain Loop Highway, Likely to melt out by late May 2023 Green Mtn Road (FS 41) - Tupso Pass, Three Fingers, Closed @ mile 8.6 due to damage to South Fork Canyon Creek bridge. No time line for repairs. Approx 10 miles to trail head @ Tupso Pass FS 4110, Green Mtn., Pot holed..more like craters. 6/4/14 FS 4111, Canyon Lake, Closed at mile 0 due to wash out. 6/4/14 FS 42, Mt Pilchuck, reconstructed 2023 North Fork Sauk Road (FS 49), 4096 Bedal Creek High clearance recommended, brushed out. Call the Darrington Ranger District at 360-436-1155 for current information Segelsen Road (FS 18), Call the Darrington Ranger District at 360-436-1155 for current information. www.fs.usda.gov/mbs Pugh (2095), Closed (seasonal) Straight Creek Road (FS 27), Multiple washouts Suiattle River Road (FS 26), Tenas Creek Road (FS 2660), Severe fire damage after bridge, expect fallen trees Whitechuck River Road (FS 23), Washed out at mile 4, possible to bike past. C-Post Mt Higgens access. Must park near 530 and hike in. Highway 2 & Leavenworth FSR #62 and roads to Persis trailhead - Gate often CLOSED. If locked in call sheriff. Sultan Basin Road, ? Beckler River Road (FS 65), ? Chiwawa River Road (FS 6200) Phelps Creek TH, Spider Gap, Buck Creek Pass, Gate at end of paved road may be closed Icicle Creek Road (FS 7600) - Chatter Creek, 4th of July Creek, Icicle Creek, Snow Lakes In Winter, usually closed to wheeled vehicles past the 8 Mile Road junction. Eight Mile Road (FS 7601) - Enchantments, Colchuck Lake Usually closed in winter to wheeled vehicles. NFD 6024 - Baring Mountain Barclay Lake Road is closed indefinitely due to 2022 Bolt Creek Fire Ranger Road (FS 7701) 6/6/20 - gate closed at bottom North Cascades and Baker, Mt Baker Ranger District Church Mountain (FR 3040), Welcome Pass (FR 3060), rough Canyon Creek (FR 31), good condition, may have logging traffic or construction over the next several years Nooksack Road (FR 34), Deadhorse Road (FR 37), Washed out at around mile 3, Middle Fork Nooksack (FR 38), long with a good number of potholes Glacier Creek (FR 39), Washed out repaired October 2023 Thompson Creek (FR 3910) North Cascades Highway (SR 20), Cascade River Road (FR 15), Open to Park Boundary Sibley Creek, Hidden Lake (FR 1540), Road is rough but popular. Very bad section at last switchback barely passable to a Subaru. Illabot Creek Road (FR 16), very brushy and narrow. Not recommended during rain events due to the landslide risk. Mt. St. Helens Due to a fire there is no longer a shelter at Marble Mountain Sno-Park. Forest Road 10 2012. Closed. Mitchell Peak north access - from DNR: "While the forestland is managed by DNR, the only access road to the trailhead—10 Road—cuts across private landownership, and the new landowner has gated and closed access to the road just east of the intersection with the S-1000 Road. DNR does not have a recreation easement for recreation access across this road. DNR land managers are working on a solution.In the meantime, the only access to Mitchell Peak trail is from the North Siouxon Creek Trailhead, in the southern part of the Siouxon Block. The distance from this trailhead to the top of Mitchell Peak is about 13 miles." Olympic Peninsula Olympic National Park - see current road conditions. Mount Baldy, Maynard Burn, Tyler Peak - FS 2870/120, ? Mount Ellinor, FR 24 and 2419 Mount Jupiter Road The trail and access to the trailhead are closed through fall of 2023. Yakima County/ Naches Ranger District S. Fork Tieton Road 1000 wildcat 1306 road McDaniel Lake/Buck Lake Road No. 1502 1504 road Rattlesnake Mount Hood National Forest

Wiki summmary last edited by nilloc29 on Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:48 am (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
timberghost

timberghost
PostMon Apr 11, 2022 6:03 am 
Brucester
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostSun May 01, 2022 8:40 pm 
I was out on the Entiat this weekend, did some camping at Fox Creek. They just opened that campground and Lake Creek the day I went, I think? Super fresh and clean outhouses, very quiet. There are some snow patches across the river from Fox Creek, and snow patches in one or two of the spots at Lake Creek. There is snow on the road starting just a bit after Lake Creek CG and trailhead parking area. I wan by myself, so I didn't venture past that point. It's sure pretty out there now, I've never been out that road.

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com

Slugman
Olympic Hiker

Olympic Hiker
PostMon May 09, 2022 7:16 pm 
Checked out a few roads on the east side of the Olympics today. The road to Lena Lake trailhead has been cleared of tree debris. I drove an approximate 1.5 to 2 miles beyond the Lena Lake trailhead and it was clear of tree debris and with very few potholes. I drove about a 10th of a mile beyond the end of the pavement on the Duckabush. The potholes were so big and numerous that it took me about 5 minutes to drive that 10th of a mile. I got frustrated and turned around. Drove to the end of the Dosewallips Road. Once you start driving on the dirt portion of the road, tree debris has not been completely cleared, except for a single car width’s has been cut out. There were numerous large potholes, but not as bad as the Duckabush Road.

If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. - Lincoln

mbarto, awilsondc, Slugman
tlake

tlake
PostTue Jun 07, 2022 10:09 pm 
Middle fork of Snoqualmie river black topped between mp 9 and mp 10 on graveled areas.

ejain
Lazyhiker

Lazyhiker
PostSun Jul 17, 2022 5:29 pm 
Last Wednesday drove to the end of the Little Wenatchee Road. Ran into a crew with two machines, it’s now brushed out and roughly graded past the end of the pavement. Walked up Poe Mtn trail and cleared all but half a dozen blowdowns, too big for my saw but easy step overs. The trail is in good shape, a friend brushed it out last year and cut in fresh waterbars. Still snow for the last quarter mile or so.

ejain
asdf

asdf
PostSat Aug 06, 2022 10:04 am 
FS 49 and North Fork Sauk, status? Tried calling the ranger districts and they don't answer. WTA trip report seems to say open

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Aug 06, 2022 11:01 am 
Pretty sure #49 is open and clear. They are still working on Coal lake road, I assume to remove the slide debris area. It's not closed, sign say's "Road work ahead, expect delays". I have been avoiding it until they are done, but I don't think they work weekends.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostSat Aug 06, 2022 6:48 pm 
Cascade River road is open all the way to the Cascade pass TH.

"Lean mean money-making-machines serving fiends"
Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostSat Aug 06, 2022 7:05 pm 
Anybody know about the Tenas Creek road to Boulder lake near Darrington ? I called the Ranger station and they didn't have any recent reports. ~Slim

Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostMon Aug 08, 2022 11:13 am 
Is the Suiattle road still closed at Downey Creek? The Darrington RD road/trail conditions map has not been working for months... shocker.

Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostMon Aug 08, 2022 9:23 pm 
Foist wrote:
Is the Suiattle road still closed at Downey Creek? The Darrington RD road/trail conditions map has not been working for months... shocker.
I saw this on WTA. Looks like it's closed until 10/1

Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostSat Aug 13, 2022 9:27 am 
Tenas Creek road to Boulder lake has been cleared to the TH. It's still a bit overgrown in places but nothing major. ~Slim

Chief Joseph
brewermd

brewermd
PostSat Aug 13, 2022 10:00 am 
Thank you for the update! I found this website a few months ago, I like how it is organized and find it useful. It isn't always up to date but is a good way to view the access roads and trails. https://usfs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=2f5351d70b0d4ed9b13d372e9d109fcb

Arthur

Arthur
PostSun Aug 14, 2022 9:22 pm 
Hulk Smash has been working to clear and brush Tenas Ck Rd for a few weeks. I’m sure he would appreciate some help.

Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostMon Aug 15, 2022 8:21 am 
Arthur wrote:
Hulk Smash has been working to clear and brush Tenas Ck Rd for a few weeks. I’m sure he would appreciate some help.
Kudos to Hulksmash! I benefited from his hard work on this road last Friday. I'll post a TR on the trip to Boulder.