Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > How much plastic do you eat?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri May 20, 2022 1:54 pm 
When it comes to eating microplastics, scientists have documented plastic particles in about 40 percent of the human diet, including beer, honey, salt, and seafood. A graduate student in the United Kingdom collected mussels from different parts of the country and predicted that consumers ingest 70 microplastic particles for each 100 grams of mussels.5 Meanwhile, another study showed beer samples had about 28 particles per serving.6 People may be eating as much as a credit card’s worth of plastic each week7—or more, because scientists still haven’t figured out how to reliably determine microplastic levels in meat, vegetables, grains, or packaged foods, which means we still don’t know how much plastic we actually eat. https://nautil.us/you-eat-a-credits-card-worth-of-plastic-every-week-17950/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostFri May 20, 2022 2:14 pm 
veni, vidi, visa* * I came, I saw, I ate a little plastic. clown.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir

grannyhiker  Cyclopath
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat May 21, 2022 11:04 am 
Cyclopath - You know... I try to avoid eating plastic if at all possible... usually only in those cases where I actually have a choice. Unfortunately, plastic has gotten into pretty much everything, so I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it. Yesterday while driving around I turned on the radio and listened to some news. They told me what there's a new "Monkey POX" out now, and we're being invaded by Asian Jumping Worms. If I worried about all the new and different things that are trying to kill me each and every day, I wouldn't have time to visit websites and post nonsensical palaver in threads like this one. YMMV

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

mosey
Dick B

Dick B
PostSat May 21, 2022 2:31 pm 
I'm 86 and still above the grass, so I think I will just keep eating whatever my wife decides to feed me. Meanwhile I will worry about being able to pay for my next tank of gas. :>(

neek

neek
PostSat May 21, 2022 2:53 pm 
Get ready for a Heartland Institute-funded study that proves microplastics make you live longer and appear more attractive.

Dick B

Dick B
PostSat May 21, 2022 4:30 pm 
When the green new deal passes, and fossil fuels are banned, no more plastics. Problem solved.