Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Americans are moving out of urban counties like never before
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostThu Jun 02, 2022 5:44 pm 
Randito wrote:
The other issue is that in developed counties like the USA the amount of resources consumed by 1 person is many times larger than the resources consumed in less industrialized countries. So it rings a little imperialist when people from a wealthy country like the USA calls for population control in less wealthy countries.
No one here said anything about control in specific countries. But it's absolutely true that consumption in wealthy countries is off the charts, and bringing the rest of the world up to western consumption standards with the current world population levels guarantees planetary collapse. Heck, we're in collapse already. Here's a relevant podcast that includes an interview with Paul Ehrlich re the 1972 report on The Limits to Growth. Ehrlich is interviewed in the first half-hour. There's a link on that page to go to a free read of the book. The website material is in support of education related to this documentary:

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood

Cyclopath
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Jun 02, 2022 6:34 pm 
Randito wrote:
One of the issues with "population control" is who gets to decide who gets to breed and who doesn't.
The only answer that makes any sense is me.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Jun 02, 2022 6:37 pm 
Jokes aside, population reduction doesn't have to be forced, it can be voluntary. Educating women reduces birth rates around the world. It's been shown that putting Honey Boo Boo on television cuts the birth rate by 90% in rich countries.

Chief Joseph, kiliki  Anne Elk
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Jun 02, 2022 9:31 pm 
Lol...as I mentioned before, many smart people don't have children, they have dogs or cats, or whatever, whereas dysfunctional people seem to breed like rabbits. For example, my former sister in law, a meth addict had 7 children with 5 different men. Now, it's just her and the dog. Well, she does have about 10 grandchildren that she never sees because she is homeless on the streets in Texas, while they are here.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostFri Jun 03, 2022 6:35 am 
according to material I read some time ago, and which I forgot where, the population has been in decline for some time with below average birthrates per capita or some other evil sounding words. ha