Forum Index > Trail Talk > Leafline Trail Network - 900 miles of connected trails
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Schroder

Schroder
PostThu Jun 16, 2022 7:26 am 
Quote:
Gov. Jay Inslee joined leaders from around the region this week to unveil a roadmap to complete the Leafline trail network, which the state aims to one day connect more than 900 miles of trail across four counties: King, Pierce, Snohomish and Kitsap.
https://patch.com/washington/seattle/900-miles-trails-wa-leaders-unveil-leafline-plan

pula58, CS, Cyclopath
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jun 16, 2022 8:30 am 
I've really been enjoying the new sections of trail that have been opened in the last few years. The East Trail between Bellevue and Renton is far more pleasant than the old route that hugged 405. The Cross Kirkland connector trail is also far more pleasant riding than duking it out with stop and go traffic along Lake Washington Blvd between Bellevue and Kirkland. I look forward to the day when the rail line between Woodinville and Snohomish is completed , though that's going to be a while.

thunderhead

thunderhead
PostThu Jun 16, 2022 10:54 am 
This would be nice. Wonder when/if it will get funded. As crime and homelessness spiral out of control, I wonder if the outlying suburbs will increase their resistance to connections with the urban interior.

CS

CS
PostThu Jun 16, 2022 3:04 pm 
altasnob

altasnob
PostThu Jun 16, 2022 3:47 pm 
I'm excited for the missing trails to be built near the Tacoma tide flats so it will be bike path from Point Defiance all the way to Enumclaw. Even better, bike path from Point Defiance all the way to Ipsut Campground at Rainier National Park. When this will happen, who knows?

flatsqwerl