Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Finally! Fireworks illegal in unicorporated King County
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostFri Jul 01, 2022 7:26 pm 
Which is where I live. Your fireworks have no right to burn my property. https://kingcounty.gov/depts/local-services/permits/building-fire-energy-codes.aspx

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jul 01, 2022 8:17 pm 
up.gif incendiary devices and explosives are not a requisite for demonstrating one's patriotism. YMMV

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jul 01, 2022 10:49 pm 
I have had my fill of fireworks. I used to be against the bans. A few years ago we were having a 4th BBQ and noticed smoke rising down the block, ran down and someone's bottle rocket went into the privacy trees between 2 houses. It was an inferno and if the homeowners weren't quick to act with hoses, at least 2 houses would have burned. I say people either go to a fireworks show or to boom city and light them off there. Also, we get the drinking mixed with fireworks which sometimes doesn't end well.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostFri Jul 01, 2022 11:08 pm 
When I was a teenager my friend lit off a bottle rocket from between his buttcheeks. Managed to get away with it unscathed. After reflecting on that as an adult I'm horrified we were given access to them. He could have been seriously maimed for life.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Jul 02, 2022 2:26 am 
There’s fireworks every home game that’s on a Friday at Cheney Stadium. Go Rainiers.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Jul 02, 2022 9:46 am 
They may be illegal, but will enforcement occur? Fireworks are supposedly illegal on the tribal side of this town, except in designated areas. That's being ignored and not enforced. So.....???

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Jul 02, 2022 11:34 am 
from the Pierce County Council: Friday July 1, 2022 11:22 PDT Tacoma and University Plan residents can report online South Sound 911 announced it is launching an online resource for people to report illegal discharge of fireworks. Residents in Fife, Orting, Roy, Sumner, Tacoma, and University Place can report the illegal discharge of fireworks online at FireworksReport.com (https://www2.southsound911.org/onlinereporting/FireworksTerms.aspx) between 6 p.m. Friday, July 1 until 6 a.m. Tuesday, July 5. July 4 is the single busiest day for South Sound 911 call takers and dispatchers when call volumes are known to more than double. If callers direct complaints to Fireworksreport.com, (https://www2.southsound911.org/onlinereporting/FireworksTerms.aspx) South Sound 911 call takers are better able to answer emergency calls promptly. “Emergencies are always our number one priority,” South Sound 911 Executive Director Deborah Grady said. “Providing alternative reporting options offers both a convenience to our community and reduces the impact on our call takers, so they can focus on true emergencies and get people the help they need as fast as possible.” Filing an online report is simple and requires a valid address where the violation occurred, the complainant’s name, and phone number. If the location of the fireworks complaint is not eligible for an online report, the complainant will be instructed to call the non-emergency line, 253-287-4455 or 800-562-9800. Information collected via FireworksReport.com (https://www2.southsound911.org/onlinereporting/FireworksTerms.aspx) or the non-emergency line is made available to law enforcement agencies electronically or over the radio. Law enforcement agencies will determine whether a response is needed or if further investigation is required. Emergencies requiring 911 are life-threatening or a crime that is in progress. Callers should report emergencies resulting from fireworks, such as fires and injuries, to 911. - Pierce County Council -

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
kiliki

kiliki
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 10:22 am 
How was it where everyone lives? We typically go to Mazama where there are no fireworks, and no one doing them illegally. This year we thought we'd try San Juan Island. We rented a house on 10 acres in the middle of the island. The owner told us "no one" does them there due to fire risk. Ha. They did. Our poor dog kept us up until 1 am as he was panicked and kept trying to stuff himself behind the toilet, under the bed, behind the clawfoot tub (he fits none of these places). I'm already booking a week in Mazama next year.

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 10:27 am 
Heard two booms around 12:30am in Newcastle and that was all.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 1:58 pm 
In Verlot we had some new neighbors blowing stuff up all day and up until maybe 11pm or so, damn renters! cool.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 2:06 pm 
It wasn't too bad in Bellevue later in the evening. Earlier in the evening I visited my nephew in Everett so the 2nd cousins could meet. In his suburban cul-de-sac, the neighbors collectively spent over $1000 on fireworks and based on the noise level similar amounts were spent in all the cul-de-sacs in the area. My grandson wore putty earplugs with noise canceling headphones and hid in the living room watching the Mariniers on replay during the peak of the display. My granddaughters watched to show, with their hands firmly over their ears.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 3:25 pm 
It lasted until 1:30AM here. The tribe did well. The weather helped by wetting things down before darkness, but thunderstorms all afternoon followed by fireworks made it extra hard on the canine population. Never have I let the Demon Dog on my bed, but I finally did and she settled down.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 7:09 pm 
This is as ridiculous as one of those gender reveal mishaps. Turn the volume on--halfway. Click to enlarge. https://twitter.com/i/status/1544490105636671488 eek.gif Yikes! ~z

Navy salad
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jul 07, 2022 7:35 am 
zephyr wrote:
This is as ridiculous as one of those gender reveal mishaps. Turn the volume on--halfway. Click to enlarge. https://twitter.com/i/status/1544490105636671488 eek.gif Yikes! ~z
That's even better than watching the guys pouring various amounts of gas and diesel and stuff into a washed up barrel on the beach and then lighting it. One time at the Big Bottom Blast, which was put on by the fire dept., I heard a familiar voice yell, "Heads Up Boys" and saw the fire guys running away. What wasn't supposed to happen was pretty impressive.