Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Statement on COVID from Seattle / King County public health
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Jul 05, 2022 4:21 pm 
This whole COVID thing then, is a scam by the fire alarm companies. And it only took 2 and a half years to crack the case, right here on NWhikers.. Darn fire alarm companies.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert

Jumble Jowls
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 12:56 pm 
I saw an ad for Comcast, which offices that nwhikers isn't real.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 7:22 pm 
No paywall "BA.5 is estimated to have caused nearly 54% of COVID infections in the U.S. last week, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Along with twin variant BA.4, it swept South Africa this spring thanks to its ability to evade immunity from both prior infection and vaccination." https://fortune.com/2022/07/05/ba5-omicron-subvariant-now-dominant-in-us-immune-escape-evasion-ba4/ We will continue to wear an N95 mask inside any public place.

Jumble Jowls, Anne Elk
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 6:56 am 
Screenshot of Washington Post editorial BA.5 is "worst virus variant". https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1545399398108016640 BTW, given that the evolution of variants certainly is trending from bad to badder, it only seems reasonable/prudent to assume (at least until we have contrary knowledge) that in due course a variant will come along that is badderer than BA.5. Thus it sure seems like a good idea to suck it up and wear an N95 mask inside any public space.

Sculpin

Sculpin
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 7:12 am 
Kim Brown wrote:
And it only took 2 and a half years to crack the case, right here on NWhikers.. Darn fire alarm companies.
Heard an ad for a car parts store the other day, that got me thinking. How do they know my car is going to break down? paranoid.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 10:45 am 
Sculpin wrote:
Kim Brown wrote:
And it only took 2 and a half years to crack the case, right here on NWhikers.. Darn fire alarm companies.
Heard an ad for a car parts store the other day, that got me thinking. How do they know my car is going to break down? paranoid.gif
They track pretty much everything we do now days. I get coupons in the mail for items I have previously purchased at the store. They want to make it a cashless society so they know everything we spend money on. A friend of mine went to pay for gas at Costco with cash and nope, don't take it, try to buy a beer at the White River Amp....nope, cards only.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 12:14 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
They track pretty much everything we do now days. I get coupons in the mail for items I have previously purchased at the store. They want to make it a cashless society so they know everything we spend money on.
Who are "they" and why do they want to know what flavor pizza I like?

Sculpin

Sculpin
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 12:47 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
why do they want to know what flavor pizza I like?
Your HMO will raise your premium $5/month if you order the double pepperoni. That rises to $10 if you order the "Meatastic." cool.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 2:44 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Who are "they" and why do they want to know what flavor pizza I like?
Big Brother of course brother. O'and if you purchase ammo (doubtful) always pay cash or "they" will know exactly what you own. It is baffling to me just how much so many people trust out Government, they have a term for people like that, but I will be nice. biggrin.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 3:43 pm 
hijacked.gif ^^^ This is getting a long way from posting covid news.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood

Joey
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Jul 09, 2022 7:54 am 
Anne Elk wrote:
hijacked.gif ^^^ This is getting a long way from posting covid news.
Yup. Entering the land of Tin Foil. Can we avoid that....ever?

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Jul 09, 2022 9:14 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Big Brother of course brother. O'and if you purchase ammo (doubtful) always pay cash or "they" will know exactly what you own. It is baffling to me just how much so many people trust out Government, they have a term for people like that, but I will be nice. biggrin.gif
Why does big brother want to know what you buy? What do they gain by knowing what color your towels are?

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jul 09, 2022 10:11 am 
Cyclopath wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
Why does big brother want to know what you buy? What do they gain by knowing what color your towels are?
Clueless in Seattle ^....lol. this convo is like an area on the Kitsap Peninsula, "Point no Point". doh.gif

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Jul 09, 2022 11:27 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Clueless in Seattle ^....lol. this convo is like an area on the Kitsap Peninsula, "Point no Point". doh.gif
Methinks you've spent too much time in Idyho and are showing it. How much is a roll of tin foil there? Is there a shortage? Will our hospitals once again fill up with Idaho people? Stay tuned. And I'm a bit bitter because of that. Lost a good friend who had a very difficult time getting treatment and hospitalization for a non-covid problem. It was quite hard to go get needed tests and then make sure there was room in the required hospital, not to mention that the local emergency room was swamped with covid patients. That's why i don't find a lot of your humor humorous.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities

Chief Joseph
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat Jul 09, 2022 11:43 am 
Currently under discussion by the monitors - whether to lock this thread or in the interests of the benefits we've derived from useful on-topic posts, we just delete the posts violating our terms of service. Or worse, Tom will put offenders in the posting penalty box. Please make an effort to stick to NWH's terms of service.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood