Forum Index > Trail Talk > what trail should i brush out?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostSun Sep 12, 2010 11:37 pm 
since i'm out of work, and the weather's starting to turn, i'm thinking of grabbing some pruners and small saws and heading out to some of our less maintained trails to do a little de-brushing. my knowledge of really bad trails is limited, so i'm looking for suggestions. i'm mostly willing to cut logs and branches, but not so much into the idea of shoveling or repairing any part of the dirt/rock trail itself as other organizations like WTA are much more knowledgeable and capable in that arena. thanks! Marble Pass or Troublesome Creek. hockeygrin.gif Mineral creek to Park lakes. agree.gif Marten Lake, Middle Fork. Short bad section in an avy chute. Scatter Creek to Grindstone, although when the road opens again this will probably get official attention. Lennox Creek trail, up the North Fork Snoqualmie. That's got lots of brush to lop hockeygrin.gif South Cascade River to South Cascade lake! moon.gif Mt. Phelps (N. Fork Snoq.) - lots of downed trees to be cleared, trail overgrown wink.gif Pitcher Mtn. (Carbon Ridge) - At least through the meadow area, if not beyond Mineral City to Poodle Dog Pass embarassedlaugh.gif

Wiki summmary last edited by Gsnorgathon on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:05 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
timberghost

timberghost
PostWed Jul 06, 2022 5:46 am 
None, better to leave it up to WTA and not have rouge work being done

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ALW Hiker
lakebagger

ALW Hiker
lakebagger
PostMon Jul 11, 2022 5:02 pm 
Looks like Mineral Creek is getting a thorough brushing by the WTA right now. I'm not sure what other work they are doing, if any, but it will be great to see the improvements! https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/trip-reports/trip_report.2022-07-09.0255759411

Bramble_Scramble
G-Money

G-Money
PostSat Sep 10, 2022 7:32 pm 
Goat Lake to Osceola Pass would be a fun challenge. Wouldn't be a popular route though.